• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Out of 11 cases, 2.165 is the norm with one being 2.13 and two more being 2.15.

I'll give you my measurements may be long but they are true. It's been 10 years or so since I worked with 308 components and this trimmer is new to me but I think it shows that the trimmer works well. I bought mine used, BTW.

I'm not shooting at 600 so I may be talking out my a$$ but just trying to help.
    Target Sports

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Unless you're crimping or you're too long for your chamber it won't matter much.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    So I was measuring again. I'm getting from 1.990-2.020.

These should be good to go just not consistent? Im sitting here trying to debate weather to prime them or not. Waiting on trimmer parts so it's down for the time being.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    So I'm a moron yet again. All the cases are 2.000, I cut them to 2.0005 instead of 2.005. Guess I'll shoot them until the stretch, or make .300bo eventually

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    my two manuals say coal is 2.015. My buddy says trust your case gage so I started doing that.
    It takes a step out; measuring doesn't mean the shoulder is in spec.

AKMike, do you have a case gage?

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    Not yet, trying to figure it out before I go that route.

I'm getting between 1.990-2.010 on average. This is for 600 yards. Feel like I wasted 60 pieces of brass

Plus or minus 10 thou isn't great but it isn't going to kill you either. The RCBS I had held the cases by the rim, which means that variation in the rim thickness translates into trim variation based on how you applied force in trimming. There is wiggle in that method that is totally acceptable for most use.

A better trimmer would hold the brass like a lathe, like the Forster trimmer and others designed for precision use do. I wouldn't sweat it, load them, shoot them, and try again.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Plus or minus 10 thou isn't great but it isn't going to kill you either. The RCBS I had held the cases by the rim, which means that variation in the rim thickness translates into trim variation based on how you applied force in trimming. There is wiggle in that method that is totally acceptable for most use.

A better trimmer would hold the brass like a lathe, like the Forster trimmer and others designed for precision use do. I wouldn't sweat it, load them, shoot them, and try again.
    Agree!

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Well I finally shot that ammo I loaded, it was fine.

I did have to adjust my dope quite a bit however. Normally I'm running 4.9mil and I had to dial 6mil of elevation or I was hitting dirt 50yd in front of the targets.

I was within 20fps of my first batch, but they all fired. Think I shot about 80rd of .308

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Well I finally shot that ammo I loaded, it was fine.

I did have to adjust my dope quite a bit however. Normally I'm running 4.9mil and I had to dial 6mil of elevation or I was hitting dirt 50yd in front of the targets.

I was within 20fps of my first batch, but they all fired. Think I shot about 80rd of .308

Unless there was a major deviation in bullet use you're slower than 20fps to be 1.1mils off.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

dirkjr10

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2017
    Dallas
    I'm trying to trim 308 brass and I'm getting from 1.995-2.015 on average sometimes up to 2.060 on the same casing. There's a small wobble in the brass while it's trimming, but I've read the trim pro 2 does that. Any ideas? I've gotten 3 out of 12 pieces that are right.

I was having same issue using my RCBS trimmer pro so I still have it but don’t use it. I bought the Sinclair SS trimmer and that thing is 100% right on the money. Takes a minute to get set up perfectly, but once set up, it cuts super easy and is perfect every time. Highly recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom