• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I can't and will perform "due diligence" if I ever sell another firearm on this forum.
    This one is what gets me.

To cporfe, I’m originally from Oregon, if you couldn’t tell by one of my replies. We had sb941. Historically Oregon required no bg checks via third party and Washington did not via arms collector gun shows. In Washington you did a bg check for membership and once in, most tables were private sellers. No 4473. As a young man it was really common to trade or sell via just a handshake. Then in Oregon they elected a bi-sexual nut job. Third party bg checks required. I got complacent. It’s dangerous to allow any gun laws. They don’t solve anything. It’s common for people to become complacent. When I was a new member here I had the same attitude; well similar to yours. Problem was, pointed out by members here in past threads, it’s unacceptable for you to record any information about the person your meeting. No bg checks via third party are required in Texas. Let that soak in. Come back to the side of freedom and help protect Texas. We have to stop budging with any gun laws.

As for the members here, they are good guys. You have no reason to require anything from them. I call three members friends. Regardless every person in this thread has no reason to make me think they are prohibited. Thus, fallowing Texas law, you’re gtg. Shake hands, bs, enjoy.

If you’re not wanting to respect a members privacy, just do business with an ffl.
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    mitch,

You sound angry.

What on earth are you worked up about?

I wasn't yanking your chain - simply stating my perspective.

People can own their own opinions whether they disagree with whoever or not. I know leftists insist that all agree with them. I don't agree with them. See my point? As as I know as an American I can still be for or against what have you. And you whoever you may be, can't tell me otherwise.

The oddest part of the bos vs no need for a bos argument is: I have no dog in that particular hunt. I don't care one way or the other if folks seek to simply sell or insist on a bos. I dgas. No skin off nose either way. Probably in part at least due to the fact I never sell my guns.

What I do object to, as is plain with some, is their insistence that whatever the subject is, if someone else doesn't agree they go keyboard bonkers...jesus, give your blood pressure a break. Neither your 'opinion' or mine is worth the cost in a possible stroke or heart attack.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Anyone who quotes the Giffords Law Center To Prevent Gun Violence is biased from the get-go.

Didn't bother reading the rest if that is how his point starts off.

Plus, anyone who claims BOS have a legal standing is clueless anyway!

Oh, and lastly, he's from Austin. My apologies for the few real Texans left in that liberal bastion; but for the most part I presume anyone who resides in that city is a left-leaning douchebag until they prove otherwise!
    He’s from Northern Virginia.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    If anyone’s afraid of being sued; I’ve found that the best strategy is to stay broke.

If you do make the mistake of having money, find a good umbrella liability policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    If anyone’s afraid of being sued; I’ve found that the best strategy is to stay broke.

If you do make the mistake of having money, find a good umbrella liability policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My legal entities (trusts and companies) own everything, personally own very little, and I do have an umbrella.

But I control everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    To the individual who thinks that my quoting a left-leaning organization makes me biased. If he/she had read the title of the post, read through the full quote, which mentioned how many states have already gone to Universal Background Checks and those that are implementing UBCs for for handguns, they might have seen the clue that the two were related.

No, I'm not a left wing douchebag because I moved to Austin. I moved here to Texas to be near my daughter since I'm getting up there in years and having health issues. She lives here. BTW she, her husband, my wife and I are PRO-LIFE, PRO-GOD and PRO 2A. Only a closed minded, self important person makes such judgements about another with no facts.

Did this person read the complete original post and think on it, or just close their mind and stick their head in the sand because their opinion is right and everyone else is wrong.

As for my use of "GFY", it was towards those few posters who made personal attacks and especially the one who inserted the crying baby. Get real, if you're adults you can carry on a forum conversation without name calling. But, I did learn a few choice words from my 26+ years in the military and can use them if I am pushed.

So, with this, I close this thread, at least as far as I'm concerned. The experiment has met it's goal. You can not have a friendly forum chat on this subject or I wonder if any subject with the members we have. Maybe I'll ask a moderator to close my account and go to another forum looking for adult conversation.........

Last edited:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    "Think you'll have the resources to fight any civil suit against you if you sell the handgun used by some dirtbag to kill some kids? I can't and will perform "due diligence" if I ever sell another firearm on this forum. That includes using a BOS developed by a pro-2A lawyer to cover all the bases of me meeting the US Code and proving, at least I hope, to a civil jury that I did due diligence."

No one is keeping their head in the sand.....There are other viewpoints that don't agree with your statements. UBC's will not stop some dirt bag from killing anyone. Just because some States have implemented it doesn't really mean jack...

You either believe in personal responsibility ( you and you alone are responsible for your actions) or you don't.

jmho, and different than yours...

..and the thread should stay open, imho....

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    To the individual who thinks that my quoting a left-leaning organization makes me biased. If he/she had read the title of the post, read through the full quote, which mentioned how many states have already gone to Universal Background Checks and those that are implementing UBCs for for handguns, they might have seen the clue that the two were related.

No, I'm not a left wing douchebag because I moved to Austin. I moved here to Texas to be near my daughter since I'm getting up there in years and having health issues. She lives here. BTW she, her husband, my wife and I are PRO-LIFE, PRO-GOD and PRO 2A. Only a closed minded, self important person makes such judgements about another with no facts.

Did this person read the complete original post and think on it, or just close their mind and stick their head in the sand because their opinion is right and everyone else is wrong.

As for my use of "GFY", it was towards those few posters who made personal attacks and especially the one who inserted the crying baby. Get real, if you're adults you can carry on a forum conversation without name calling. But, I did learn a few choice words from my 26+ years in the military and can use them if I am pushed.

So, with this, I close this thread, at least as far as I'm concerned. The experiment has met it's goal. You can not have a friendly forum chat on this subject or I wonder if any subject with the members we have. Maybe I'll ask a moderator to close my account and go to another forum looking for adult conversation.........

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    "Think you'll have the resources to fight any civil suit against you if you sell the handgun used by some dirtbag to kill some kids? I can't and will perform "due diligence" if I ever sell another firearm on this forum. That includes using a BOS developed by a pro-2A lawyer to cover all the bases of me meeting the US Code and proving, at least I hope, to a civil jury that I did due diligence."

No one is keeping their head in the sand.....There are other viewpoints that don't agree with your statements. UBC's will not stop some dirt bag from killing anyone. Just because some States have implemented it doesn't really mean jack...

You either believe in personal responsibility ( you and you alone are responsible for your actions) or you don't.

jmho, and different than yours...

..and the thread should stay open, imho....
    Swamp creature. Can’t help himself.
    All he can do is migrate and try to poison the well in free states

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County

Said one who was finished....TYA.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW

Nobody likes a pompous douche. I may have mentioned that before.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I just look at them and smile, knowing full well I can not have an impact on their intelligence, etc. My latest theory about about people that appear to be kinda' slow, ignorant, etc. is that they get on the internet and believe everything they read.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom