• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LifeQuest

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 14, 2018
    DFW
    I'm thinking of selling my Glock 26 - I wore it as a backup for about a year, and it's never been fired.. (yeah, I know) - Anyways.. I've only been in Texas for about 1.5 years and not sure what the norms are for private sale (in person).. In Nevada we would meet at a local PD and just swap money for gun.. The PD was happy to do a serial number search if the buyer wanted one.

Any advice would be welcomed.
    Guns International

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    Just sell it here. Only a couple of us are shady people...
    :) Joke aside, meet the guy you want to sell to, ask to see a Texas id/LTC, give him the gun, take the money and go home.
    If you've been on here for a while, you know not to mention anything about bill of sale.
    The most important step in my opinion is making sure the guy is not crazy, unstable, prone to violence. That's why I ask friends and family first when selling something.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Sheesh, meet F-F, If buyer, look at gun, If happy show money. Money and gun changes hands. Bye CUL. No Bill of Sale or showing ID BS. If you don't trust buyer why should he trust you? Money is money, a stolen gun being sold is not cool. As seller if you're not happy don't sell. BUT state your terms up front. IE: want BOS, want to see CCL, want to see DL.

Simple to me. I have green, you have gun. Want to trade, OK.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    meet if you do not have reason to believe he is a prohibited person or non resident then he hands you cash you hand him gun and part ways.

Or if you want to over complicate it you can do all kinds of unnecessary rituals that will make you feel better and actually not help you in anyway.

There is no reason to ask for id or ask if he is a resident or a prohibited person if you don't ask there is no reason for you to believe he is.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Go meet in an easy to find location that's not sketchy, and convenient to both sides, with somebody who's been a member here for a while. I want to SEE a TX DL (hence not an illegal alien or minor), preferably a LTC (= allowed to own guns), but I won't take down any info on, or even attempt to memorize it. Look at gun, verify it's not complete junk (while handling it safely), exchange gun for money. Done.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    When I sell a deadly weapon to someone I don't know, I always require fingerprints, photographs, four types of government identifications, blood sample, family background, passport, and above all, the wonderful ................ BILL OF SALE! :green:
    I heard you asked for a different kind of dna sample. :banana:

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I heard you asked for a different kind of dna sample. :banana:
    m_splooge.gif

Cleanup on Aisle 4!

Attachments

• m_splooge.gif
      m_splooge.gif
      3.7 KB · Views: 345

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Doesn't matter anymore. I'm not selling any more guns (haven't in a while). I get seller's remorse not too long after I sell a gun, no matter which one it is. I've got grandchildren, nephew's, etc. that will inherit them.
    Hell, I don't even have any kids/grandkids and I won't sell any guns . . . if I had any, that is. Damn boats, and lakes, and mishaps.

LifeQuest

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 14, 2018
    DFW
    Thanks everyone.. I did read through the Texas laws, but sometimes they can be so ambiguous.. and the normal way of doing things isn't quite the same as the law.. Like in Nevada, lots of people have out-of-state plates on their cars even if they live in state.. this made requiring a local address (on an ID) a normal part of the process, otherwise an out-of-state plate would be a valid concern. Much easier here in Texas in so many ways.. :)

I'll go ahead and some photos and get it posted on TGT, Again thanks for the valuable insights..

Top Bottom