• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Brother HL-L2300D monochrome laser. It works every time I turn it on. Doesn't use much toner, but prints beautifully. Highly rated on Amazon.
    I have this printer. 2 years going. Still haven't changed the toner or any maintenance. Its about as simple and reliable as it gets for a printer.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    DK Firearms

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    I am using the Canon Imageclass laser. The LBP6230 duplexing B&W was $130 or so on Amazon. Spare generic cartridges can be 3 for $100. I will not print that much more at home ever unless we set up a home business again.

I play zero games with HP subscriptions. HP lost me long time on printing with that stupid idea.

We wore out two office Xerox color lasers in 15 years.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I've been using a Brother HL-L2395DW for the home office. Going on six years now. I've replaced the toner cartridge once. Refills are available cheap on Amazon. I pulled the OEM microchip off the first factory toner cartridge and reuse it.

The 2395DW is wifi capable which makes printing off your phone extremely easy.

IMO, Laserjet is the way to go.

ETA: I bought mine on sale for $99 from Best Buy. Prices have more or less doubled.

Last edited:

TexasFlash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    In my work truck I started with a Brother. Swapped it for an HP for a smaller footprint. First HP lasted years, then went through 3 in one year. Switched back to the brother and it’s been great. I think they are some of the most reliable printers on the market, although I preferred the UI of HP.

No help on the ink drying up, but I did see something a while back concerning the eco tank printers and a spong material that absorbed extra ink when cleaning. When it gets saturated, the printer is dead. Not sure how applicable this was across brands, just putting it out there so you can check yourself.

Top Bottom