• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The article references a Egyptian air flight that had a similar demise.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Egypt 990 is one of three fatals in the entire fleet of 75/76 airframes.

One of the outcomes of Egypt 990 was a mandatory maintenance action for the fleet to deal with that issue.

NTSB has already released data indicating the mandatory maintenance actions had been complied with.

That doesn’t mean a different issue could have occurred with Giant 3591. However, the entire fleet has had only 3 fatal accidents in 40-ish years of activity.

I’ll also say the speculation in your linked post doesn’t really make sense in the case it presented vs the facts released by the NTSB to date.

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    Egypt 990 is one of three fatals in the entire fleet of 75/76 airframes.

One of the outcomes of Egypt 990 was a mandatory maintenance action for the fleet to deal with that issue.

NTSB has already released data indicating the mandatory maintenance actions had been complied with.

That doesn’t mean a different issue could have occurred with Giant 3591. However, the entire fleet has had only 3 fatal accidents in 40-ish years of activity.

I’ll also say the speculation in your linked post doesn’t really make sense in the case it presented vs the facts released by the NTSB to date.
    It came across my news feed and it offered a different perspective than homicide.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    It came across my news feed and it offered a different perspective than homicide.

No worries. Informed speculation isn’t a bad thing, but whoever wrote that either wrote it before the NTSB released the information, or didn’t pay attention to what the NTSB did release.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Medical emergency ?

While plausible, I would think NTSB would have indicated that in the recent releases of it were readily apparent.

I know a couple 75/76 instructors who’ve run a whole bunch of scenarios in the sim which account for the know facts.

They all come back to everything’s plausible, it’s just how far down the scale of incredibly implausible where you start at. And all the scenarios are all pretty far down that scale.

I’m guessing we will find a human factors contributing factor of crew fatigue. My understanding is the Amazon crews that flight w/e fly west in the day time, have a 20-28 hr rest cycle, then fly back east and repeat.

That gets really fatiguing really quickly as you’re turning your clock every other day and never really have the time for two sleep cycles in that rest cycle.

Top Bottom