Texas SOT

Piney Woods / East Texas shooters .... where are you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • anedae

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2014
    Lindale... shoot at a range west of Tyler on Hwy 64.

I’m on the other side of Tyler from you - between Tyler and Gladewater off 271 a bit. I’ve been looking into the ranges in the area - how do you like that one? Do they have anything in the way of cover/structures to use for learning corners and such?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrazosCoTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Brazos County, TX
    Pros and cons.

Pros: Easy to get to... no hassles, just sign in at the main house and then head over about 50 yards to the pistol range. Never been crowded, sometimes I have the whole range to myself. When there are other shooters, everyone seems to abide by basic range etiquette like going "cold" when someone needs to change/check a target. There is an overhang above the firing line, which provides some shade.

Cons: Bare bones operation... bring your own targets and clips/stapler to attach them to cardboard. Range seldom gets policed for brass, with a lot of it piling up below the edge of the firing line. No shoot/move allowed, no shooting from behind cover... like an indoor range, stand at your lane and shoot.

Bottom line: for what I'm paying (I think it was about $100/yr), I have no real complaints. The range caters mostly to the trap and skeet crowd, and the rifle/pistol shooters operate in the fringe.

anedae

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2014
    Pros and cons.

Pros: Easy to get to... no hassles, just sign in at the main house and then head over about 50 yards to the pistol range. Never been crowded, sometimes I have the whole range to myself. When there are other shooters, everyone seems to abide by basic range etiquette like going "cold" when someone needs to change/check a target. There is an overhang above the firing line, which provides some shade.

Cons: Bare bones operation... bring your own targets and clips/stapler to attach them to cardboard. Range seldom gets policed for brass, with a lot of it piling up below the edge of the firing line. No shoot/move allowed, no shooting from behind cover... like an indoor range, stand at your lane and shoot.

Bottom line: for what I'm paying (I think it was about $80/yr), I have no real complaints. The range caters mostly to the trap and skeet crowd, and the rifle/pistol shooters operate in the fringe.

Thanks for the reply - I’m looking for somewhere I can practice moving and shooting. Sounds like a nice place to collect grass though - unless they have a no collection rule hah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    Atlanta , also shoot at the Texarkana Gun Barn. From time to time I shoot at Smith park on the Arkansas side south of Fouke. Looking for more than a 100 yard rifle close but haven't found one yet.

Top Bottom