• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popo22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Single Stack: "Folks have differing opinions. Gas guns are always softer shooting that inertia guns."

This has been my experience as well (with limited experience). I still use "pumps" occasionally but prefer my Beretta 1301 when I go into brush etc. looking for "hogs". It has never had any problems with any ammo (even "reduced recoil" 00 buck). It has "Really fast cycling rate" and is sweet to shoot, particularly after all the shoulder abuse of using "pumps" during my "LEO" career.
    Gun Zone Deals

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    unnamed.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
      unnamed.jpg
      18.9 KB · Views: 341

just country

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Texas
    I’ve got a Stoeger 3000 that’s been reliable and patterns consistently with a wide range of shells, from low-end up to high dollar magical shot shells (Hevishot, etc.). I have an old school adjustable choke on it and it balances nicely with the little extra weight hanging off the end of the 28in. Barrel.

I have a spot for waterfowl that requires a 30-40 minute walk thru waist deep flooded timber and use the Stoeger jic the muck and mud is a prob. The walk in is a pita but I’ve never had a hunt where the spot wasn’t loaded up with birds. Over the years I’ve dropped a limit a teal with a single pull of the trigger on more than one occasion with that bad boy.
    morning, stoeger is a very good shotgun. very quick, smooth and
    reliable. also have 2 O/U's expensive. prefer the
    stoeger. justme gbot tum

popo22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    ZX9RCAM, If this reference is toward me:
    "Evidently someone is bored today."
    you are absolutely correct, trying to deal with the extra time available with recent retirement.

bearsniper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Dallas and Waco
    One of the things I like about the inertia guns is it takes a bit of weight off of the forearm/front of the gun. This changes the balance and makes them feel more lively to me while the gas guns can feel a bit barrel heavy--different feels for different stuff.
    The other thing to keep in mind is that most Benellis have a higher (stepped) rib than most other guns. I haven't decided if I like the higher rib or not but it does throw me off sometimes as my other guns have standard ribs.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom