• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    I've seen the video, and am posting it for everyone else to see. The entire situation could have been easily resolved had he not been a total douchebag, but that's his game. He failed to comply with the officer's legal authority to disarm him, and that is what got him in trouble. There is no way you can convince me otherwise.

Do you think its appropriate for anyone to walk up to another person, grab their firearm and try to remove it without saying a single word as to what they are doing or why? Why does it automatically become acceptable because that person is wearing a uniform? A lot of trouble there could have been avoided had that officer acted like a normal human being instead of an authoritarian.

Once when coming through a BP checkpoint they searched my vehicle. I was asked to disarm. No one just came up to me and grabbed me my property without a word about it.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Yeah, Law Enforcement is 'Authoritarian'.

Comply with their orders or get cuffed...yes very unpleasant, but L.E. aren't going to baby those they have a problem with...do what you're told whoever you are, when your told, be polite and chances are you'll come out ok, but act like an outlaw you'll be treated like one.

Lots of folks think they have options of behavior when encountering L.E.

They don't.....

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Yeah, Law Enforcement is 'Authoritarian'.

Comply with their orders or get cuffed...yes very unpleasant, but L.E. aren't going to baby those they have a problem with...do what you're told whoever you are, when your told, be polite and chances are you'll come out ok, but act like an outlaw you'll be treated like one.

Lots of folks think they have options of behavior when encountering L.E.

They don't.....

I will posit that the individual almost always has options in any human interaction. They may not be ideal or even good options but they always exist.

That being said yeah this thread it drifting from my original intent. I'll post some updates or info on this or the case if I see any.

On a facebook group I see that last night CJ posted:
    As of 21:45 - $2000 raised! We are only $500 away from our goal!!!

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    My fault for not being clear.

We agree, options are always available.

Act belligerent, confrontational, chip on your shoulder, childish, uncooperative, etc. if/when encountering L.E. - yep, all those options are available to you - you'll lose if you choose those options, but hey, they're yours to choose.......

dogbone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Llano County
    Can we set aside the discussion of whether OCT is the savior of 2A in Texas or a group of asshat flying monkeys and look at the law being challenged in the case funds are being raised for?

Get arrested for a Class B misdemeanor and immediately lose your LTC? Is this a good thing? IMHO, this flies in the face of a presumption of innocence and needs to be challenged. This is a chance to make case law which expands our rights. That's worth tossing a few bucks toward for me.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I think that if you are trying to do a 2nd Amendment Audit and you are confronted by the police then you should be willing to first comply and then have a reasonable discussion about what you are doing and if they are being jerks about it, then you will have to let your lawyer work it out. Should you lose your right to carry no. Unfortunately life isn't fair and our rights and have been infringed.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Jesus. I hate agreeing with MMM on anything but I will take this one.

They ( or their Corey Watkins branch) are the tantrum throwing douchenozzles that acted like fools in Poncho Nevarez’s office causing a shit ton of bad press for OC.

We had a shot at permitless OC before OCT’s antics in his office but got LTC instead. ( a pretty good salvage but damn)

Poncho now chairs the committee that hears most of the gun bills.

OCT did not think long game and their antics back then are biting us in the butts now.

Was Nevarez going to vote for OC before that incident? Did his stance change significantly after the incident?

If anything, it made no difference. It was about as effective as TSRA has been in the last two sessions....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Was Nevarez going to vote for OC before that incident? Did his stance change significantly after the incident?

If anything, it made no difference. It was about as effective as TSRA has been in the last two sessions....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    His vote would not have mattered in 2017 but he decides on what bills get a vote in 2019.
    OCT’s shenanigans in 2017 led to Bonnen’s “ inclusiveness “ in 2019 that guaranteed that no meaningful pro gun bills would be heard in 2019.

Top Bottom