• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Activism" ?

No, I am no "activist", I hope and pray, but I am a dedicated supporter of our Constitution(s), and, of our wonderful culture.

Please tell me of YOUR experiences with "Open Carry" in Texas since it has been "legal" again.

I have wanted to "Open Carry" in Texas, but I don't wish to create legal problems for myself, or for anyone else.

I have held a Texas "CHL", or "CWP", or whatever it is now known as, for many years, and hold a lifetime permit from my native State. I am a 74 year-old retired UT Faculty Physician.

I am interested in YOUR experiences, bad, good, or otherwise; but not in stories of others' experiences.

Please tell me, and us all, what has happened when YOU "open carried" in Texas.

Thank you,

leVieux
    Gun Zone Deals

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I don't open carry often but when I have, I have never had anyone say a word or maybe not even notice. I live close to a small town and about 75 miles NW of San Antonio.
    I try to keep from "creating" problems but have no issues about helping to "solve" problems, whatever that might entail. :green:

Last edited:

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I carry no license.
    I travel many miles per year.
    I spend 10 +- hours per day in a privately owned vehicle .
    So, I have a handgun in arms reach all day, every day.
    Not "open carry".
    Just as legal,as I can be without "buying my way in".

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Mostly a non issue. I've had a couple stares and a few asking what type of gun I was carrying. Mostly I conceal since many places don't allow open carry, but I have open carried several times.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Open carried all the time when I lived in PA for a year(big part of the 2A world up there). Havent done so in Texas yet. I seen a few people at Cabelas doing so. Also met a person to sell a gun and he was OCing a desert eagle. Thats about it

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Charlie’s first sentence is reflective of my sentiments with perhaps more emphasis on doubting whether people even notice. I live in a bedroom community north of Dallas.

Mostly cc out in public but OC when walking my neighborhood (for exercise, usually daylight hours) and the occasional quick trip to Kroger or Lowe’s.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Lol. So I’ve seen 3 guys open carrying.

1 a glock in a restaurant. He’d passed by me 4 times before I saw it.

The other 2 were in the HEB parking lot. One was a Vietnam era gentlemen getting off his bike. He was in the process of putting on a second shirt presumably to go into HEB

The other HEB guy was a guy who had all the signs of being back from the Middle East. He with a quick tug untucked his shirt. A couple steps from the front door.

The change for me is going from iwb to owb holster. With no concern to if it’s covered up or not.

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    Open carry while on my motorcycle, Lowe’s/Home Depot/WalMart/Kroger. Mostly IWB but thanks to OC Law I don’t worry or care about “printing “

Sent with my IPhone with electronics and fuzzy logic...

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Have seen folks OC a few times, not often.

I don't think anyone else needs to know I am carrying, so I carry concealed.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    I normally do not OC. I was on the way home from the range and had taken my jacket off while driving. Stopped at a Panda to pick up lunch and forgot I was OCing (OWB) until I was already in line. I became kinda self-conscious, but if anybody noticed, there was no reaction or anything said.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I normally do not OC. I was on the way home from the range and had taken my jacket off while driving. Stopped at a Panda to pick up lunch and forgot I was OCing (OWB) until I was already in line. I became kinda self-conscious, but if anybody noticed, there was no reaction or anything said.
    Ha! Just like it was (I'll bet) the first time you carried concealed!

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1) Thank you for your service to our Nation in our USMC 2) I have found that if one dresses and acts acts appropriately, most of the "public" just ignore "O.C."

Top Bottom