• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    If anything, he will be lucky to avoid being prosecuted himself on Federal charges!

I was wondering that too. If the state continues to pursue charges against the guard, will .fed indict the deputy on federal charges. This kind of tit/tat shit happens especially when it involves a 1811 Agent.
    Gun Zone Deals

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I’m gonna bet all charges are dropped all around and everyone quietly moves on.

If the sheriff pursues his snowflake money grab case then IDK. I don’t buy for a minute he was traumatized by the gun yet was still perfectly happy ignoring orders from the person holding the gun, turning his back, and walking away.

Think of how the situation would have deescalated had the officer allowed himself to be taken in to custody and waited for things to get sorted out. Instead, his reaction was “**** you and your gun, I’m leaving”. Doesn’t strike me as emotionally traumatizing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I was wondering that too. If the state continues to pursue charges against the guard, will .fed indict the deputy on federal charges. This kind of tit/tat shit happens especially when it involves a 1811 Agent.
    Just to be clear for folks that don't realize it (I'm sure you do, of course), there were no 1811s involved in any of this. Most small IRS satellite offices have no 1811s in residence. If there had been any (whether attached to CI or the OIG), they almost certainly would have been fetched to mediate between the guard and the deputy before the deputy left the waiting room. They would definitely have involved themselves in the situation before the police arrived in response to the 911 call.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Just to be clear for folks that don't realize it (I'm sure you do, of course), there were no 1811s involved in any of this. Most small IRS satellite offices have no 1811s in residence. If there had been any (whether attached to CI or the OIG), they almost certainly would have been fetched to mediate between the guard and the deputy before the deputy left the waiting room. They would definitely have involved themselves in the situation before the police arrived in response to the 911 call.

Correct, I was trying to point out they may not care as much about a contract guard as they would one of their own agents facing criminal charges.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Correct, I was trying to point out they may not care as much about a contract guard as they would one of their own agents facing criminal charges.
    They probably don't once you get up the management chain. FPS officers, though, are somewhat closer to the contract guards than one might expect. They sub out for each other depending on the current threat assessment. I wouldn't, for example, be surprised if the office where this incident happened got an FPS officer for the next couple of months just to talk to any more LEOs who want to drop by in uniform to make a point.

All of this is consistent with my prediction that while the FPS might be willing to stick up for the guard by sending it over to the DOJ, I feel pretty sure some suit along the way will kill the whole thing.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    That appeal is why I indicated there has to be intent. Note the appellate court opined
    “..from the record it appears that there has been no fact finding as to what the defendant's actual purpose was in bringing the firearm to the Federal facility, whether that purpose was lawful, or whether it related to the Federal facility as required by § 930(d)(3).”

"the possession of the firearm must be not only lawful, but also must be for a lawful purpose that is related to the federal facility."

Only one judge's opinion yes, but this gives us insight as to what the "lawful purposes" exception means.

Top Bottom