• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RootnshootnTeuton

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2018
    Colorado Springs
    Carrollton? Lewisville?
    Geographically split between work and a Faith community we would be apart of.

What kind of firearm culture, i.e. ranges and comfort culture overall? Crime? Grime? Or coffee shops, plazas, middle America/southern charm culture?

Thanks!
    Guns International

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Carrollton? Lewisville?
    Geographically split between work and a Faith community we would be apart of.

What kind of firearm culture, i.e. ranges and comfort culture overall? Crime? Grime? Or coffee shops, plazas, middle America/southern charm culture?

Thanks!
    Some parts of lewisville are in da hood now. Not sure about Carrollton. Id research the neighborhood good and well before moving to that area.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I work in Carrollton, but only for a few weeks so far. But did look at a few homes there.

Seems pretty industrial with some decent homes as well. Good prices compared to Plano.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    If you are considering Lewisville, check out Highland Village. Very nice.

Carrollton north has some very nice areas. Hebron Parkway area is nice from Midway and north and west.

There are nice 2500ish SF homes there, and there are 5000 SF homes there. Several new home subs there. But the area just north of 635, and just north of The Bush can be dicey.

You need to realize that West Plano (really nice), Carrollton, and The Colony are in close proximity.

And FYI, Decatur is 30 miles west of Denton.

RootnshootnTeuton

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2018
    Colorado Springs
    If you are considering Lewisville, check out Highland Village. Very nice.

Carrollton north has some very nice areas. Hebron Parkway area is nice from Midway and north and west.

There are nice 2500ish SF homes there, and there are 5000 SF homes there. Several new home subs there. But the area just north of 635, and just north of The Bush can be dicey.

You need to realize that West Plano (really nice), Carrollton, and The Colony are in close proximity.

And FYI, Decatur is 30 miles west of Denton.

Great advice. Thank you.

Yeah. I noticed Decatur's coordinates. Seems like a charming hub if one were going to do a ranch/homestead, but it would not be practical for our work, Church, shopping, and in town necessities.

tangoparson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2017
    If you are interested in the prosper area, i have a house in celina that will be coming on the market soon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

tag2501

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    Dallas TX
    check out flower mound, next door to Lewisville. some great neighborhoods, good police, relatively well managed. a number of good indoor ranges in both L'ville and FM

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    I'm more of a Tarrant County guy and don't know a ton about Lewisville or Carrollton. And it also depends on your price range. But I'd also look at Coppell, Flower Mound or Bartonville in fairly close proximity. But as I recall Bartonville is more ranchette type properties and pretty pricey. Grapevine/Southlake in Tarrant County too, but also more pricey, especially Southlake which is pretty high end only and exclusive.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    The big thing is stay out of Dallas. They dont have enough money to pay the cops but they find plenty to tear down the statues of their old democrat kinfolks. What kinda crack do they smoke?

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Runaway Bay has 1 stop. You don’t need anything else. Back when Wise county was dry that store was a real money maker.
    There ya go. They have everything a normal person might need except when Mama wants to got to Decatur to the Walmart store and hobnob with upper class folks. I used to bump into old pals from Jacksboro who come to buy beer at One Stop over Texas back in the 80s. Now looks like Bryson is wet so it aint so far to drive. Have you ever been to see the Wizard?

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    There ya go. They have everything a normal person might need except when Mama wants to got to Decatur to the Walmart store and hobnob with upper class folks. I used to bump into old pals from Jacksboro who come to buy beer at One Stop over Texas back in the 80s. Now looks like Bryson is wet so it aint so far to drive. Have you ever been to see the Wizard?
    I grew up in that area. One of my sisters lives in Runaway Bay now, and my folks stay ay Bay Landing.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Small world. I was near the worse salesmen Bay Landing ever seen. lol. That period of life was a hoot. Finally graduated up to selling lake lots at Richland Chambers. This real salesman pal of mine from Pep TX finally confessed one day.."Boy you couldnt sell *ussy one a troop train." He carried a lump on aluminum in his pocket which he said what was all that was left of his crop duster airplane. The Warden made us a good living selling timeshare across the sreet. She did several hat tricks which is three sales in one day at 1800 per pop. They kept me around to keep her from jumping ship. Sales is a funny business. We love it down there. Dont make me show all my fishing pics thanks.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Small world. I was near the worse salesmen Bay Landing ever seen. lol. That period of life was a hoot. Finally graduated up to selling lake lots at Richland Chambers. This real salesman pal of mine from Pep TX finally confessed one day.."Boy you couldnt sell *ussy one a troop train." He carried a lump on aluminum in his pocket which he said what was all that was left of his crop duster airplane. The Warden made us a good living selling timeshare across the sreet. She did several hat tricks which is three sales in one day at 1800 per pop. They kept me around to keep her from jumping ship. Sales is a funny business. We love it down there. Dont make me show all my fishing pics thanks.
    When were you a Bay Landing salesman? My family joined back in the mid 80’s.

Top Bottom