• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Reporting true facts out of context in order to cast your enemy in a bad light is just a political dirty trick.
    Like what TSRA was recently doing with McNutt... It's a shame they view other 2A orgs as an enemy instead of possible ally.

We definitely need to know who actually made that flier. It doesn't explicitly say it's from the NRA; only implies it. Of course CJ took the bait :laughing:

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    The NRA is the only one that would have the addresses of all the NRA members in Texas House District 25. So if that flyer was sent to them it would almost certainly be the NRA that sent it. If that is the case it would likely to have been at bonehead's request

There is another possibility. It could be that the flyer was not sent to the NRA members at all, but instead there was only one that was either made by, given to or shown to Grisham.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The NRA is the only one that would have the addresses of all the NRA members in Texas House District 25. So if that flyer was sent to them it would almost certainly be the NRA that sent it. If that is the case it would likely to have been at bonehead's request

There is another possibility. It could be that the flyer was not sent to the NRA members at all, but instead there was only one that was either made by, given to or shown to Grisham.

You can buy mailing lists...

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I am 95% sure (not 100%) that the NRA sells its mailing list.
    Part of the reason that the NRA stopped being the governing body for Olympic shooting sports back in the 1980s was that they refused to reveal their membership info to the US Olympic Committee.

I feel sure that level of integrity is long gone from the NRA. :(

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    What national organization helped pass every federal gun law?

Not sure what you mean, but the fact is we're in pretty good shape. Able to buy all types of firearms on the web, at gun shows, retail establishments, and even from individuals directly and own as many as we want. Also able to carry and keep them in our homes and vehicles perfectly legally. Not to mention able to purchase copious amounts of ammo at our leisure and have it delivered to our doorsteps. And able to do all that without onerous or oppressive taxes to hamper the process which have been threatened for decades.

I get it....the NRA has some issues and isn't perfect. But no way without them we would have the ability to do the things enumerated above. There's a definite reason they are hated by everyone on the left and even some on the "right." Without them, we would have been sold out long ago.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    "Gun nuts"? It sounds like you are saying that the folks that can see the NRA for what it is is a "gun nut".

The flyer may not have been sent out by the NRA, but other than that there is nothing in the video that is not true.

I would be willing to bet that bonehead keeps his NRA and TSRA 'A' rating. Neither organization wants Constitutional carry.
    Was a time when "gun nut" or "gun bug" or whatever, were not terms of derision . . . *sigh*

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Not sure what you mean, but the fact is we're in pretty good shape. Able to buy all types of firearms on the web, at gun shows, retail establishments, and even from individuals directly and own as many as we want. Also able to carry and keep them in our homes and vehicles perfectly legally. Not to mention able to purchase copious amounts of ammo at our leisure and have it delivered to our doorsteps. And able to do all that without onerous or oppressive taxes to hamper the process which have been threatened for decades.

I get it....the NRA has some issues and isn't perfect. But no way without them we would have the ability to do the things enumerated above. There's a definite reason they are hated by everyone on the left and even some on the "right." Without them, we would have been sold out long ago.

If you are happy with our right to keep and bear arms being infringed that is your prerogative. And if you are happy with the NRA helping to infringe our right to keep and bear arms that too is your prerogative.

For the NRA to ever again have my support they will have to start saying NO to the gun grabbers. And become pro-active in restoring the 2A.

Where was the NRA and their puppet TSRA this legislative session when we had a great chance of getting Constitutional carry here in Texas?

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    If you are happy with our right to keep and bear arms being infringed that is your prerogative. And if you are happy with the NRA helping to infringe our right to keep and bear arms that too is your prerogative.

For the NRA to ever again have my support they will have to start saying NO to the gun grabbers. And become pro-active in restoring the 2A.

Huh? No idea what you are talking about. Of course I don't want my rights infringed. That's what I'm saying.....no one has grabbed my guns, period, and I/we have the right and ability to freely acquire as many as I/we want, even from individuals, and also carry, something we couldn't do for years. The things I said would have never been possible today if not for the very organization you hate and seem to think are after your guns.

They're not perfect, but they have served a very worthwhile purpose. Just think where we'd be if they hadn't existed for the last 3-4 decades. It would be like dickhead Swalwell's wet dream at best.

But damn the left's plan is working, turning us all against each other.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Why would that be Ben's responsibility? Maybe ask OFFascist or the person who posted about it on Facebook?

I did not say that was Ben's responsibility. I merely asked Ben if he had tried to find out if the NRA had sent the flyer.

What makes you think that I have not asked Grisham about it?

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Huh? No idea what you are talking about. Of course I don't want my rights infringed. That's what I'm saying.....no one has grabbed my guns, period, and I/we have the right and ability to freely acquire as many as I/we want, even from individuals, and also carry, something we couldn't do for years. The things I said would have never been possible today if not for the very organization you hate and seem to think are after your guns.

They're not perfect, but they have served a very worthwhile purpose. Just think where we'd be if they hadn't existed for the last 3-4 decades. It would be like dickhead Swalwell's wet dream at best.

But damn the left's plan is working, turning us all against each other.

Can you open carry a handgun without the government permission slip? Or go buy a full auto, suppressor, SBR and etc without paying the government for that right privilege? Now do you see that our right to keep and bear arms has been infringed?

Instead of saying NO to the gun grabbers, the NRA has helped to pass every Federal gun law! And their excuse for it has always been that it would have been much worse if they hadn't helped with those laws.

The NRA leadership is in it for themselves, not the members. That is why I choose to support other organizations that actually help the gun owners.

Will you still be singing their praises when bonnen's NRA/TSRA rating is still an 'A' when the next election comes around?

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    You couldn't open carry a few years ago, period. No such thing as a permission slip. Couldn't carry at all not long before that, period. Couldn't even buy an AR for years. You're aware of that, right? We have more rights now than we did 25 years ago by far. I still don't get your argument that the NRA are gun grabbers or are supporting them. But I get there's other organizations doing the same work.

And to answer your last question, no, I will not be happy if the NRA supports Bonnen going forward. The guy's a fucking snake.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    You couldn't open carry a few years ago, period. No such thing as a permission slip. Couldn't carry at all not long before that, period.

Was the NRA responsible for taking back those rights? No, they weren't.

Couldn't even buy an AR for years. You're aware of that, right? We have more rights now than we did 25 years ago by far.

We have always been able to buy an AR. After the clinton gun ban they were called a post-ban ARs and there were still pre-ban ARs to be had. You weren't aware of that?

And BTW, the NRA helped to write and pass the clinton gun ban.

I still don't get your argument that the NRA are gun grabbers or are supporting them.

If helping to pass every Federal gun law is not helping the gun grabbers, I don't know what is.

But I get there's other organizations doing the same work.

No, the other organizations are not doing the same work, they are actually helping us in the fight for the 2A.

And to answer your last question, no, I will not be happy if the NRA supports Bonnen going forward. The guy's a fucking snake.

But you will most likely still be saying that we have more gun rights now than we did before so the NRA is doing a good job.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Wow......unbelievable how little credit you give them and how you actually vilify them. Perfect? Nope. Issues to resolve? Sure. But I've said it before and I'll say it again. Those rights we speak of, both of us, ownership, carry, right to buy, wouldn't exist without the NRA being around for the last 30 years. That is a fact. Otherwise we'd be walking around with slingshots. Ask any lawmaker on either side, either for or against. You'll get the same answer.

Sad the leftists plan of turning us against each other is working. Sigh......

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Sure, okay. And some folks just look at a tree.

I'll think about this when I'm carrying, surveying my safe and wondering what I want to add, or picking up my next big cheap tax-free ammo order from my doormat when countless lawmakers have been trying to prevent those rights and/or take them away for decades.

At any rate, hope the NRA doesn't die soon since they're coming with a vengeance. And we all know who they are.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Sure, okay. And some folks just look at a tree.

I'll think about this when I'm carrying, surveying my safe and wondering what I want to add, or picking up my next big cheap tax-free ammo order from my doormat when countless lawmakers have been trying to prevent those rights and/or take them away for decades.

At any rate, hope the NRA doesn't die soon since they're coming with a vengeance. And we all know who they are.

Why don't you order a firearm and have it delivered to your doormat? Oh, that's right you can't do that since the NRA helped to write and pass the GCA68.

Top Bottom