• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    https://www.facebook.com/1SGCJGrisham/photos/a.810130362428201/2212191855555371/

Apparently the NRA sent out fliers to District 25 in support of Dennis Bonnen.

Why is the NRA - National Rifle Association of America defending Dennis Bonnen for killing constitutional carry?! This is why the organization is losing millions of dollars and people are moving to a real champion of gun rights like the Gun Owners of America. This flier was mailed to voters in Bonnen's district after Texas Gun Rights exposed his interference with legislation that would allow law abiding Texans to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights without a government permission slip the way 36 other states do.
    NRA.jpg

Military Camp

Attachments

• NRA.jpg
      NRA.jpg
      150.9 KB · Views: 664

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    "The NRA has sent out..." is all he said about the source of the flyer.

Something stinks. There are no pictures of the reverse or the envelope. NRA flyers almost never look that amateurish.

If he's going to pillory the NRA for producing and distributing this thing, the mandatory first step is establishing, beyond any doubt, that the NRA actually did produce and distribute it. That hasn't happened yet.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    "The NRA has sent out..." is all he said about the source of the flyer.

Something stinks. There are no pictures of the reverse or the envelope. NRA flyers almost never look that amateurish.

If he's going to pillory the NRA for producing and distributing this thing, the mandatory first step is establishing, beyond any doubt, that the NRA actually did produce and distribute it. That hasn't happened yet.

Have you tried to establish whether or not the NRA actually produced and distributed the flyer?

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Something stinks is right, Ben. I've been a member of the NRA for years and gotten an untold amount of fliers and documents and never seen something so shitty in terms of appearance or quality.

Sounds like more of a smear of the NRA and a way to get "gun nuts" to abandon them in an effort to bring them down, knowing how unpopular Bonnen is with the membership in TX. Not to mention I doubt the NRA would be so fast to offer support someone who just killed CC in a state as large as Texas.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Something stinks is right, Ben. I've been a member of the NRA for years and gotten an untold amount of fliers and documents and never seen something so shitty in terms of appearance or quality.

Sounds like more of a smear of the NRA and a way to get "gun nuts" to abandon them in an effort to bring them down, knowing how unpopular Bonnen is with the membership in TX. Not to mention I doubt the NRA would be so fast to offer support someone who just killed CC in a state as large as Texas.

"Gun nuts"? It sounds like you are saying that the folks that can see the NRA for what it is is a "gun nut".

The flyer may not have been sent out by the NRA, but other than that there is nothing in the video that is not true.

I would be willing to bet that bonehead keeps his NRA and TSRA 'A' rating. Neither organization wants Constitutional carry.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    "Gun nuts"? It sounds like you are saying that the folks that can see the NRA for what it is is a "gun nut".

The flyer may not have been sent out by the NRA, but other than that there is nothing in the video that is not true.

I would be willing to bet that bonehead keeps his NRA and TSRA 'A' rating.

You misunderstood.....I'm referring to how the liberal masses describe an NRA member. A gun nut.

The liberals will do anything and everything to destroy the most powerful 2nd Amendment lobbying organization on earth. Sounds like it's working.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    You misunderstood.....I'm referring to how the liberal masses describe an NRA member. A gun nut.

The liberals will do anything and everything to destroy the most powerful 2nd Amendment lobbying organization on earth. Sounds like it's working.

Thanks for clarifying the 'gun nut' statement.

Too bad the "most powerful 2nd Amendment lobbying organization on earth" compromises away our 2A rights.

The libs have nothing to do with my opinion of the NRA.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Have you tried to establish whether or not the NRA actually produced and distributed the flyer?
    I'd sure like to try.

Open call - Do we have anyone on TGT who is a Bonnen constituent who got one of these? If so, could they post pictures of both sides, the envelope, the postmark, etc?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Not in a micro sense, no. But there's a meta-narrative going on there that "The NRA is bad. Period."

Reporting true facts out of context in order to cast your enemy in a bad light is just a political dirty trick. If one of the many organizations (several of whom were mentioned in the video) faked this flyer NOT for the purpose of exposing Bonnen BUT RATHER for the purpose of denigrating the NRA, most likely to divert donations from the NRA into their own pockets, than that's despicable.

I've seen enough political dirty tricks, even by people I agree with, to turn my stomach. If it turns out that this flyer didn't come from the NRA but came from another 2A-supporting group, then that group has proven such a lack of integrity that they should cease to exist. There are plenty of 2A organizations that are worthy of my donations and I won't have problems finding another.
    I would be willing to bet that bonehead keeps his NRA and TSRA 'A' rating. Neither organization wants Constitutional carry.
    If fear you're right on all counts and it grieves me to say so.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Thanks for clarifying the 'gun nut' statement.

Too bad the "most powerful 2nd Amendment lobbying organization on earth" compromises away our 2A rights.

The libs have nothing to do with my opinion of the NRA.

Have to disagree with "compromises away our 2A rights." They're not perfect, but if it weren't for the NRA, we wouldn't be having this discussion because this site would have never existed or been allowed to exist, period. Our rights would have been gone a long, long time ago.

Seems the tactic of turning us against ourselves is working. IMO that was the purpose of a flyer that purports to be from the NRA. If I was a liberal gun hater, that's what I'd do too.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Not in a micro sense, no. But there's a meta-narrative going on there that "The NRA is bad. Period."

If the NRA did send the flyer, then they are bad, period.

Reporting true facts out of context in order to cast your enemy in a bad light is just a political dirty trick. If one of the many organizations (several of whom were mentioned in the video) faked this flyer NOT for the purpose of exposing Bonnen BUT RATHER for the purpose of denigrating the NRA, most likely to divert donations from the NRA into their own pockets, than that's despicable.

I've seen enough political dirty tricks, even by people I agree with, to turn my stomach. If it turns out that this flyer didn't come from the NRA but came from another 2A-supporting group, then that group has proven such a lack of integrity that they should cease to exist. There are plenty of 2A organizations that are worthy of my donations and I won't have problems finding another.

I agree 100%.

There is also the possibility that bonehead sent the flyer. It seems to me that he is the one that would benefit the most from it.

If fear you're right on all counts and it grieves me to say so.

I don't know when the NRA and TSRA does their rating. But we should know if bonehead keeps his 'A' rating sometime before the next election.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Have to disagree with "compromises away our 2A rights." They're not perfect, but if it weren't for the NRA, we wouldn't be having this discussion because this site would have never existed or been allowed to exist, period. Our rights would have been gone a long, long time ago.

Seems the tactic of turning us against ourselves is working. IMO that was the purpose of a flyer that purports to be from the NRA. If I was a liberal gun hater, that's what I'd do too.

What national organization helped pass every federal gun law?

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    I don't know when the NRA and TSRA does their rating. But we should know if bonehead keeps his 'A' rating sometime before the next election.

IIRC the NRA doesn't take committee assignments or actions into consideration when it comes to ratings. They only consider floor votes. Kill a pro-gun bill in committee or never allow it to come up for a vote and it won't ding your rating. Since Bonnen didn't explicitly vote for any anti-gun bills and he voted for the few minor pro-gun bills he will be considered a solid defender of the 2nd amendment by the NRA.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    "I’m not spending more money for lapierres retirement fund."

Too late. That lying weasel cashed out his retirement fund for millions...just before closing down that employee retirement fund for the "normal" employees. The trouble with the NRA is that they are in for the money, not for rights, not for guns, not for anything but...money. LaPierre told me that to my face in 1999.

Second, Bonnon is a leftist democrat, just like Abbot. Texas is a cesspool of ineffective gun laws because of Democrats and Democrats who run under the Republican label.

And back on topic, man, that flyer looks like amateur hour at the Apollo. Which could still be about right for a NRA product ;)

Top Bottom