Georgetown
    Last edited:

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    This is for skfullen, and any others who may take a stab at it. This is an honest question, and one I hope you'll take the time to ponder before answering.

Q. What makes the NRA the de-facto defensive force against the repeal of gun rights?

5,000,000 members. That wields a lot of political clout

I don't believe for one dead second they should be. We need a defensive stature on any and all positions, and every one of our Bill of Rights, right up until the point the nation sees no other option than to simply refuse to give up our rights and actually make use of the second amendment as written. I don't believe the NRA is working in our best interests at the moment, and I believe they of all people need to come to the realization they have work to do, putting it politely.

I agree 100% with everything you said above!

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I honestly don't remember how I received it. I do remember trying to enter on line, but ended up not doing so because they wanted money for online entries. They definitely made it more difficult to enter through the mail.

Edit: So I just went here and entered successfully without any donation.

https://membership.nra.org/Sweepsta...utm_medium=Mail&utm_campaign=8225_Sweepstakes

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping that you had gotten it through the mail and still had it so that you could tell us what the mail permit number is on it.

I entered their sweepstakes so that they will start sending me mail again.

Last edited:

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    What is your proposal for fixing the problem of corruption. The board hasn't fixed the Lapierre problem.
    The board has not fixed the problem because board members are recommended by executive staff right? It is a circular problem.

When the money trickles in, I believe they will take notice. The fact that they are making calls and asking shows there is a problem.

I recently sent a pp envelope in sans donation but with a note showing my concerns with Oliver and Wayne. Maybe I will get a call next?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    GOA has 2,000,000 and MOST gun owners know who the hell they are. Since they're the ones ACTUALLY defending our damn rights.

I won’t dispute this because I honestly have no idea what GOA does specifically (which kind of is contrary to your point, but I may be simply someone in the dark)!

But I will look into them soon, as well as the Second Amendment Foundation.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I think "most" is a grand overestimate. I really think a small percentage of gun owners know who GOA is.

"Most" probably is an overestimate. But the rest of DP's statement is a fact. That is why I am doing everything that I can to let people know about the GOA.

I made an offer here once to order GOA pamphlets and have them sent to anyone that would distribute them to gun shops in their area. There was only one person that took me up on it. I will make that offer again. Anyone that would like for me to buy and have 100 GOA pamphlets sent to you, just PM me with your address. If you want more than 100 just let me know.

With the NRA in such a mess, now is the time to promote the GOA. There are a lot of people dropping out of the NRA and we need to let them know about what Ron Paul calls "The only no-compromise gun lobby in Washington". It would a shame for those dropouts to sit on the sidelines simply because of a lack of knowledge.

Last edited:

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I will repeat myself;

If they can afford $20,000+ a year for Wayne’s clothes, they do not need anymore money from me.
    Agreed.

$18k for a car and driver in Europe
    $39k for a shopping spree in Beverly Hills.
    $200k for airfare during Wayne's Christmas vacation to the Bahamas

Sounds to me like they simply have too much money, so they don't need to ask for any more from us. So how about this, I'll support the organization in spirit, just not in finances.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom