• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This tale comes from my days as a Family Doctor in Corpus Christi.

"Nothing Indecent"

This story was told to me many years ago, by the late J.P Luby, a drinking buddy, who had served in several public offices in Nueces County, including both County Judge and Sheriff:

One Sunday, shortly after returning home from Mass, Luby got an excited phone call from a local "VIP", for him to rush out to the Peace Justice Cox' office near the Causeway to the (Mustang & Padre) Islands.

Arriving, Luby found 2 deputies, the Peace Justice, a teen couple clad only in "emergency blankets" and 2 sets of very upset local parents.

As all were excitedly talking loudly, so he hollered "QUIET!" and demanded of the Justice as to what was going-on. The Justice deferred to the head deputy, who offered this tale: "Judge, we got a call from dispatch on an "indecent exposure" situation off beach access road #4. Deputy & I went out, observed with binoculars, and saw this young couple sunning themselves on mats, completely nude; so we arrested them and brought them in here to be charged."

Luby inquired, "But if both were in the same place at the same time, doing exactly the same thing; why is the boy charged with "Indecent Exposure", a Felony, but the girl is only charged with the minor misdemeanor of "Creating a Disturbance?"

Deputy replied: "Judge, It was obvious to us that this young man was indecently exposing himself; but the young lady here, she is very beautiful. She was naked, too; but there was nothing indecent about her!"

With that, Luby grabbed the paperwork, tore it up, and told everyone to just go home and forget the whole incident !

But, I got this great story to re-tell. . . . . .

leVieux
    Hurley's Gold

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Whoop. Just got back yesterday after a great overnight campout on Matagorda Peninsula eighteen miles east of beach access road in the 4WD ONLY zone.

You won’t see anyone for hours at a time and you can spot them driving up from way off in the distance. It’s a pretty private space. XD

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Whoop. Just got back yesterday after a great overnight campout on Matagorda Peninsula eighteen miles east of beach access road in the 4WD ONLY zone.

You won’t see anyone for hours at a time and you can spot them driving up from way off in the distance. It’s a pretty private space. XD

I'm from Kingsville, as well as lived in Corpus for several years, and spent much time at the beach, but never made it past the 4 wheel drive sign.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

Did y'all catch any fish?

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Here there was no actual 4WD “sign”, except the “here’s your sign” (Engvall) aspect of it if you, driving a 2WD, ventured very far down the beach at all with the super DEEP powdery sand.

However, once we were a few lonely miles down past that point, this marker appeared.

9Mep4Z.jpg

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    There is a short section of beach in Brazoria County down near San Luis Pass that used to attract the nudies.
    One way in/one way out so traffic was minimal.
    Problem is it is right in the middle of a fantastic fishing spot.
    Believe me when I tell you the fish were better looking than the nudies.
    When arriving back home after an afternoon beach fishing trip the first thing would be to wash my eyes out with bleach.
    Vibrio is less painful.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Oh, we could not get there from where we were.

We were just west of there, West of that Crab Trap Grill place on the map that you will see if you go on the map to Sargent and scroll down. To where if you got on the beach at Matagorda and drive East, and drive along the beach as far as you could until you hit water... I think that’s where Caney Creek goes into the Gulf, looks like.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I'm from Kingsville, as well as lived in Corpus for several years, and spent much time at the beach, but never made it past the 4 wheel drive sign.
    I lived in and around Corpus for 12 years. We spent lots of time way down 4wd beach. You could go for hours without ever seeing anyone.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Looking for some beach trails a while back, wife and I accidentally went to Blacks Beach (Jude beach) in San Diego.

The only nekkid people, were the last people you’d want to see nekkid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom