• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    How many of you use notebooks regularly? Do you have a favorite/go to brand or type?

When I joined the Military at 17, I learned to always have a pen and notebook with me. Same with being a police officer.

Now as a contractor, I carry only a pen, but cell phones and laptops are how we do most things.

I realized for content creation, a notebook would be a good way to keep track of thoughts. I did this video going over 3 types of notebooks I plan to test out and use in the 3.5 x 5.5 inch range. I also go over what I used over the years. The 48 page books are slim and pocket sized.

I might use one as a recipe book, to have ingredients and cook times for a quick reference. Might do one with survival information and another with gear I have in set kits. As I get older, I do find having a quick reference can be handy to verify things.

Lynx Defense

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    I use notebooks on a VERY regular basis.

I travel with a notebook too.

I no longer drive but when I did drive a car, pickup truck and an SUV - I always had a notebook, a couple of pens and pencils in the vehicles at all times with EXTRA emergency supplies, flashlights and a few knives.

My late husband and I did this with all of our sail boats and power boats shy of my SUNFISH which was a glorified surfboard with a SAIL!

I had notebooks in my Coleman pop up camper too.

I have a plain blue binder filled with lined paper on my desk right now.

I have extra binders, a LOT of lined paper, EXTRA paper for the printer machine for tax season and nice SNAIL mail letter writing paper too.

I usually buy paper, binders, etc. during BACK TO SCHOOL SALES even though I never had any children with my late husband.

I buy paper for the printer and business 'heavy duty' white envelopes on sale too. I buy them in bulk as in a BIG BOX of them at a time.

I keep EXTRA stamps on hand and I buy them at my US Post Office too. (NOT online.)

I am double checking my husband's ammunition and HIS reloading supplies aka stock with him.

I do not reload and I NEVER did reload but I considered doing this a LONG time ago when my late husband was alive. I do NOT regret my final decision and I figure to each their own.

I keep NOTES or a record for ALL of these items and I always UPDATE them as WE ROTATE items.

Since I gave him the last 2 firearms (CZ 457 Lux in 22lr and 22wmr rifles.) of mine that use 22wmr and 22lr ammunition - I am going to CONSOLIDATE ALL of MY ammunition with HIS stock!

I went from a LARGE amount of my RF ammo based on my ANNUAL shooting habits down to a smaller amount and then WAY DOWN in MY stock on purpose. Then I increased the RF stock again.

I used to do this with my former CF factory ammo stock too. CF and RF for me but since I ONLY shoot RF now and FAR LESS on an annual basis... there is NO need to keep it ALL APART when I judge and plan our annual stock. Plus I always used to shoot MORE in my RF handguns and RF rifles than in my former CF firearms.

Then I increased mine (22lr and 22wmr ammo.) when he made some more changes in his RF stock AND now... I am going to just GROUP all of it together = his and her 22lr and 22wmr = ONE group all together.

I am NO longer a high volume shooter and this will be much easier for me to keep track of in the ammo storage containers and on the shelves.

What is IN rotation and going to the range right now for ALL RF ammunition is ready to go in 2 different SMALLER ammo cans. IT is a small amount and ready to go.

I do NOT count the OPEN and ready to go BOXES on my stock inventory lists!

I only count the FACTORY sealed boxes of RF and when one is ROTATED and moved for the range ammo boxes - it gets DELETED from my inventory list.

So right now, I do HAVE a big list to go through with my dear husband since I made a FINAL DECISION to MERGE my ammunition with his ammunition using the lined paper only it will go in OUR files since I have a FILE SECTION for anything gun related!

Plus I have the CASH receipts for the RF ammo, his factory .380 ammo - he chose NOT to reload for that caliber and some factory 30-30 Winchester ammo too. He reloads for ALL of his firearms shy of the .380 acp pistols.

I just RECHECKED his firearm LIST and ALL of the serial numbers for our FILES too. ON paper with BOTH of our old eyes double checking one another.

He has been enjoying the GREAT outdoors - hunting and hiking with 2 different close friends. Busy with some Church stuff too. I did NOT want to disturb him with his U of M (His old university.) game after he got home on Saturday. He likes to listen to or watch the MT college games and NOT the other stuff. They do NOT kneel and actually respect our American flag. Therefore, I did NOT get this all done for him alone. I need his help with the heavy items. Plus he will put them on LOWER SHELVES for me too. Easier to inventory.

Old Lady Cate

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    Our official survival books aka emergency and outdoor field books are KEPT in one area of our bookcase. One shelf.

We did decide to KEEP almost all of them even though we have some more books to donate to close friends and to the library.

Old Lady Cate

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    I used to keep personal notes in a couple of notebooks regarding my travels, my camping time and TINY log cabin time alone up in the Sapphire Mountains - MT, my move with my former Coleman camper and former SUV, the WEATHER, some pictures of my 2,000 PLUS miles out here right below the border - Canada, etc. for a long time.

I kept them with my TREE and other nature plant/flower identification books for the East Coast and for out west.

Plus travel notes and other OUTDOOR notes about being all over the East Coast where I was born and raised. My living in a tiny beach cottage aka my VA time as a Nam era USN bride too.

Plus notes about my living in the boonies in farm/lake country - Great Lakes region with my late husband.

A lot of my notes were about the weather and change of seasons. Plus what animals were around me (Back east AND in the Sapphire Mountains.) and about my OLD and late dogs back east. Their puppy time and old age time while on this earth. I wrote about the buffalo wandering about the parking lot - FREE bathroom in the ND Badlands area too.

I kept some OLD calendars too. NOT for long but for a time frame especially after my late husband's cancer was discovered, before and after his death.

I did NOT keep a personal diary as some children and adults keep. Just general notes AND something that might be significant due to an insurance payment made OR an IN HOME Rx visit from his personal doctor and physician's assistant since there was NO nursing home aka A WAREHOUSE for him. He stayed IN and died in the house that we built from back in the early 70s. His home state not mine.

I KEPT those notebooks - notes about FUN outdoor times TOGETHER ON and OFF of the water, ocean, rivers and lake, and alone and the SAD ones too.

I shredded ALL of them shy of some important, last and final, PAID IN FULL bills - checks that stayed in ONE VERY THIN FILE along with my former house sale.

Old Lady Cate

Top Bottom