• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does NK have the ability to deliver a nuclear warhead to the USA?

They can't even get missile tests to not end up in the Pacific Ocean. The only country that really needs to worry about N. Korea's missiles is Japan....because that's where those missiles usually fizzle out. If I'm not mistaken, every one of N. Korea's "long range" missile tests have ended in abject failure and Pacific Ocean splashdowns.

Army Gen. Kang Pyo Yong told the crowd that North Korea is ready to fire long-range nuclear-armed missiles at Washington.

One, they DON'T have long range missiles. Two, they DON'T have any nuclear warheads small enough to even think about mounting one on a missile. As others have noted, the only way these dipshits could get a nuclear warhead to Washington, D.C. would be to ship it over in a container.
    Gun Zone Deals

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362758080.250585.jpg

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I am sure that China is working on keeping them under control. While the Chinese seem a bit testy with them sometimes, they like the situation as it is.

The last thing China wants is a war between South Korea/US and the North and will work hard to keep that from happening. North Korea serves as a buffer between them and the prosperous south and their US allies. A reunification of the Korean peninsula would do there what it did to Germany, bring prosperity to the North taking away influence and a market from China, put western allied troops on their door step, and put a democratic political system on their border. China does not want US intelligence assets to set up shop in what would be the former North Korea.

All that if our side wins which would be a strong possibility.

For the North to win, China would have to fight with them and the implications of them in a war with the US and South Korea are worse than the other possibility, so they might sit it out, but I find that doubtful. Now I also could see them push real hard to end it quickly through negotiations, to keep a North Korean state with different leadership (which they would exert influence over).

Another possibility, which I think the Chinese probably have plans for, would be for them to invade the North as a un-allied third party in the conflict, and we all meet somewhere in the middle That brings a lot of dangers associated with a move like that, and keeping it under control would be a trick. Kinda like happened in WWII with western forces and the Soviets, ending up in a further partitioned or annexed North Korea.

So I think the Chinese will put up with a lot of crap from the NKs to keep all those negative things from happening.

Last edited:

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Chinese already had to pull N.Korea's nuts out of the fire during the Korean War. Courtesy of their intervention, the U.S. advance into N. Korea was pushed back and, in the end, the conflict was settled with a cease fire and drawing the 'line' at the 39th Parallel. My Dad, God rest his soul, was with Chesty Puller's bunch during the Korean War. I could never get him to talk about what he went through during that conflict OR during WW II. He spent 30 years in the Marine Corps and I knew very little about his experiences in battle. He did 2 tours of duty in Vietnam (1963-64 and 1968-69) but was only close to combat in the last 6 months of his last tour in 1969....as a machine gunner on a MedEvac helicopter.

Top Bottom