• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jdf1725

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2020
    DFW
    At the expense of angering the Nighthawk aficionados on this site, I wanted to see if anyone else has a similar experience with Nighthawks (aka gripe) and see if anyone has any thoughts moving forward (advice).
    I recently bought a Nighthawk and when I got it home from my FFL I broke it down to inspect it and apply some protectant. I was SHOCKED that it did not have a tool-less guide rod, similar to Dawson Precision or Atlas. Instead, I had to use the small paper clip supplied by the manufacturer to lock the spring/plug assembly to the rear for takedown.
    For a gun advertised as a competition gun, I am truly shocked that this was the route the designers/gunsmiths chose. Changing the recoil spring to match my bullet weight/load while in a competition or at the range for fun would not be easy, to say the least.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, has anyone installed a DP tool-less guide rod on a Nighthawk?

Thanks for the read and look forward to hearing the responses.
    Texas SOT

El Coyote

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2024
    Spring, Texas
    Hello to you as for a Nighthawk I have one the Nighthawk Falcon great 45 acp the only problem I had was I got rust on it sent it back to night hawk the problem I had was ups even. though I broke completely down to pack it ups made me unpack it we went around and around about the pistole even though i told them it was going back to the people in "Berryville ark. they fix it for no charge always had great talks with them the only problem I had with the pistole was with the dimple grips damm hard on the hands with 20 rounds down the tube needles to say went to the gun show and bought some smooth grips a lot better i do hope you have better luck with your night hawk but i am a firm believer in mind

Top Bottom