• ...and so much more!
  • subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    Glad to hear that it went so well for you TRN!! I have to admit that I'm jealous!! I sure wanted to love the one that I picked up. Maybe in the future....

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Glad to hear that it went so well for you TRN!! I have to admit that I'm jealous!! I sure wanted to love the one that I picked up. Maybe in the future....

Y'know, I'd have loved to have had a chance to check yours out....obviously, mine is likely a later generation, but would love to have looked to see if they've made changes, or if it was just something oddball. I do know (from years of practical experience) that some pump shotty's are pretty forgiving in how their action is worked, and others simply demand a firm operation. I suspect that's a large part of the issue w/the Keltec.

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    Y'know, I'd have loved to have had a chance to check yours out....obviously, mine is likely a later generation, but would love to have looked to see if they've made changes, or if it was just something oddball. I do know (from years of practical experience) that some pump shotty's are pretty forgiving in how their action is worked, and others simply demand a firm operation. I suspect that's a large part of the issue w/the Keltec.

If I hadn't made money on the deal, I'd regret getting rid of it. :-)

I'm on the same page with you in ensuring that you are giving the action a full stroke. I was concerned that that was my issue, but 4 guys shot it with the same results, and had another on hand that ran well.

I read a lot of forums after I'd paid for mine - but before I'd received it - and guys were saying that they had to send them back. When they got them back, they were told that 2-3 parts were machined out of tolerance.

Either KelTec tightened their quality controls, improved the design in the areas that were giving them trouble, or are machining to tighter specs (or all three.).

Any way you cut it, I'm damned glad that you got a good one. They are definitely a hoot when they are working right, and when the zombies come would be perfect to go to a cemetery and play the ultimate game of whack-a-mole!!

Still tough on the shoulder though! LOL!!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Okay....couldn't make it to the range today, so decided to try the next best thing - I cycled 12 rounds through it several times......and I call "set-up" on that video. Period. The casings drop down and towards your chest - NOT down into the wrist. Period. Look at the wound he shows - it's inflamed and just doesn't look right in the first place. But now, having cycled it several times, there's just NO way you're gonna get that round where he claims - and if you watch the video closely, you'll even see the hulls dropping down his chest.

Not a single FTF/FTE, and I've gotta say that the action is as crisp as I've ever felt on any shotgun. Will get it to the range later this week, but I got curious and figured to at least find out if I needed to bring gaunlets with me.

Tons of people have been reporting problems with these shotguns. I've known a couple others who bought one. One guy didn't even bother shooting it, just turned around and sold it after a week. The other had trouble, sent it back to Kel-Tec, then sold it as soon as it came back.

Were you cycling live ammo or hulls? I know that fired hulls eject a lot differently than live shells do.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Tons of people have been reporting problems with these shotguns. I've known a couple others who bought one. One guy didn't even bother shooting it, just turned around and sold it after a week. The other had trouble, sent it back to Kel-Tec, then sold it as soon as it came back.

Were you cycling live ammo or hulls? I know that fired hulls eject a lot differently than live shells do.

Go back an' read my update/range report from Friday....this shotty ain't gettin' sold, I can tell ya that!

Top Bottom