• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GeauxLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2022
    San Antonio
    Use to have my own place now trapped in suburbia, in Alamo Ranch. Want to get into rimfire benchrest and just looking for a decent place for 50 yd benchrest shooting. Limited to weekends.
    A Place to Shoot, or Lone Star? Or someplace else? The Bullet Hole is obviously infinitely more convenient. Went once, that's a no return....
    TIA for suggestions.
    Target Sports

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    What happened at Bullet Hole. I went once and they were allright. I prefer A Place to shoot as this location is closer to where my in laws live and range although outdated is still doable and okay.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    @GeauxLSU

Isn't 50 yards a bit short for benchrest?
    I used to shoot .22 pistol at 50 yards with a custom Ruger auto with 12" barrel.
    Will have to dig out the one picture I have of it.

RankAmateur

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2022
    New Braunfels
    You can try Dietz (https://www.dietzgunshop.com/). It's not much to look at compared to other places, but it's a range.
    Dietz hosts monthly centerfire benchrest competitions (100 and 200 yds). They have concrete benches, and a few lanes for 25 and 50 yd targets. The annual Bluebonnet benchrest championship is held at Dietz.

OP, don't know if your previous response to the Dietz suggestion (chaos?) was actually intended to reference The Bullet Hole, but Dietz has an annual membership option that would allow you to shoot when the business is "closed" to the public.

GeauxLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2022
    San Antonio
    Dietz hosts monthly centerfire benchrest competitions (100 and 200 yds). They have concrete benches, and a few lanes for 25 and 50 yd targets. The annual Bluebonnet benchrest championship is held at Dietz.

OP, don't know if your previous response to the Dietz suggestion (chaos?) was actually intended to reference The Bullet Hole, but Dietz has an annual membership option that would allow you to shoot when the business is "closed" to the public.
    Yes, I misquoted. (Glad it's Friday!) Corrected, thanks!

GeauxLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2022
    San Antonio
    Cedar Ridge just up 281 in Bulverde is great. https://cedarridgerange.com/

They have bays with benches.

I have memberships at both Lone Star and Cedar Ridge and I believe Cedar Ridge would fit the bill for what you are looking for over Lone Star.
    Thanks for the rec Brix. I went this morning and it worked out perfectly. Appreciate there was only four benches in the bay I was assigned to and you can back your truck basically up to the bench so you're not having to lug gear all over creation and back. May still try a place to shoot since it would be a good bit quicker / closer but I'm ready to sign up for a match now after today's session, so thanks again.

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Check out mission ridge. It’s right off 1604 loop. Here is the address:

4507 N Loop 1604 West

San Antonio, Texas 78249

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Sorry, some how I missed the outdoor part of the post. So I would second cedar ridge or Dietz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom