easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Oh my goodness. Looky there.

I haven't heard of Lc200n blade steel before.

It's a nitrogen-alloy steel. So instead of it being carbon steel. It's 'nitrogen steel'. It's suppose to be some serious stuff.

https://knifesteelnerds.com/2018/09/17/nitrogen-alloyed-knife-steels/
    Iron is not steel without carbon. Instead of increasing carbon to make high carbon steel that makes harder steel, nitrides (alloy) from nitrogen can be added to increase hardness, but it's usually used to harden austenitic stainless steel where the chromium and nickle properties can keep it from becoming too brittle. My concern would be how easy it would be to sharpen.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Iron is not steel without carbon. Instead of increasing carbon to make high carbon steel that makes harder steel, nitrides (alloy) from nitrogen can be added to increase hardness, but it's usually used to harden austenitic stainless steel where the chromium and nickle properties can keep it from becoming too brittle. My concern would be how easy it would be to sharpen.

Had to re-read that sentence. My eyes saw autistic stainless the first time,

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

53166321-63AD-44D7-A5F6-A746233ACDA2.jpeg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK

Have you noticed the abundance of diamond grit sharpeners? Where a stone would cut older steels. Now it takes a diamonds to make any progress in sharpening it.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Have you noticed the abundance of diamond grit sharpeners? Where a stone would cut older steels. Now it takes a diamonds to make any progress in sharpening it.
    The grinding wheels I was talking about have man made diamond in it, and yes, I have tried to sharpen austenitic stainless steel knives with a diamond sharpener. I haven't tried to sharpen one of those that you were talking about, I was wondering if they would sharpen like those stainless steel knives I had sharpened.

Top Bottom