• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chocktaw2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    Indiana
    Was turned onto the site by a friend. I lived in the Grapeland area for awhile, working out of Sabine Pass for Brown and Root back in the 80's. Work and live in IN now. Have a handgun, and a 421 yd rifle range in my back yard.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Welcome. So, what's gun ownership like in IN? I'm always interested in comparing and contrasting Texas with other places.

IndyTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2018
    Schertz
    Was turned onto the site by a friend. I lived in the Grapeland area for awhile, working out of Sabine Pass for Brown and Root back in the 80's. Work and live in IN now. Have a handgun, and a 421 yd rifle range in my back yard.

I lived the past 40+ years in Indiana and recently relocated to Texas. What part of Indiana are you from? I grew up in Evansville and lived in the Indianapolis area the past 20 years. If you are not part of the INGO forum, you should check it out too.

IndyTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2018
    Schertz
    Welcome. So, what's gun ownership like in IN? I'm always interested in comparing and contrasting Texas with other places.

I don't want to answer for Chocktaw2, but I can offer my perspective.

From the LTC perspective, it is a bit simpler in Indiana. I'm not sure that is really a good thing, though. It is essentially a submit your application with fingerprints and wait. I just received my Texas LTC, and the process seemed to work pretty well. I think the classroom and range time is a good idea, personally. Indiana has restricted carry areas, but much fewer signage requirements.

I'd say gun ownership is high in Indiana, and probably a bit like Texas with regard to pockets of liberal opposition. Indianapolis has a big gun violence issue, but a quick look at a map of where this violence is occurring shows that it is really isolated to a few areas. I'm not sure how they are going to tackle this problem, to be honest.

Since Indiana borders Illinois, they seem to get blamed for any gun related issues there (particularly Chicago). The Chicago media portrays Indiana as a place that you can buy a gun on every street corner, and the main reason they have their problem with gun violence. I think Indiana generally has responsible gun owners (like Texas), and the problem is more that criminals really don't care about gun laws... who would have thought that!

Top Bottom