• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StamblinRanger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2019
    Burnet, TX
    Good afternoon,
    I've been a gun nut since my grandpa showed me how to shoot his BB gun when I was about 6 years old and have owned and shot more than I can even remember. I grew up in Michigan and Missouri, but been in Texas since I was 17. I guess ultimately I grew up here cause there ain't many boys at 17 that are grown up yet--I sure as heck wasn't. You can't choose where you'll be born, but if I could have, it would have been Texas. I'll be 60 this year and I haven't wanted to be anywhere else, except on vacation in the Rocky Mountains maybe when it hits triple digits here.
    I love to shoot, do it pretty often and have several rifles and a few handguns. Also a bow hunter although not as dedicated as I was maybe 20 years ago. I've hunted every year since I was 18. My favorite hunting weapon is a Rossi copy of the 92 Winchester lever gun, in a .44 mag with iron sites. My EDC shares between a Glock 42 and Glock 36, both with lasers. The 42 gets more time because of it's light weight and smaller size but I love carrying my .45 especially when I'm in less familiar territory.
    I've been married to the same amazing gal for 27 years yesterday, and other than spending any day with her, I figure there is no more complete day than one spent sitting in a tree in the woods without anyone else around. That is when I am in my element. There have been a time or two when she has told me to go to the woods as I was getting cranky. It is good to have a wife who understands.
    Military Camp

StamblinRanger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2019
    Burnet, TX
    Hello and welcome to TGT.

We'll forgive the GLOCK thing for now but you need a 1911 ASAP or turn in your man card. ;)
    My first EDC was a Springfield 1911 compact micro and fun to shoot in .45 but I had issues with it not quite closing after a clip or two and would have to push it the last 1/8" after every shot. Sent it back to them after about 500 shots and they worked it and did a trigger job on it. It still did it so I sold it. I always thought Glocks were ugly and overrated, and it never dawned on me that I'd ever own one. One of my friends finally told me to buy one and if I didn't like it he would buy it. My first was the 36, just because it was the skinniest of the Glock line at the time and similar with the single stack clip to my Springfield, even though apparently lots of people had problems with the 36 jamming or feeding, but mine has gone through every kind of ammo, including a sandwich bag of greasy bullets that a friend's brother, a DPS officer found laying loose in his patrol car trunk. I cleaned the goo off them and they shot fine too. Hand loads to snake shot, I've never had any failure with it. Must have got a good one? My 42 is the same. Never had any failures, stovepipes, nuthun. The looks have not mattered since they are reliable, and that's what I needed at the time.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    My first EDC was a Springfield 1911 compact micro and fun to shoot in .45 but I had issues with it not quite closing after a clip or two and would have to push it the last 1/8" after every shot. Sent it back to them after about 500 shots and they worked it and did a trigger job on it. It still did it so I sold it. I always thought Glocks were ugly and overrated, and it never dawned on me that I'd ever own one. One of my friends finally told me to buy one and if I didn't like it he would buy it. My first was the 36, just because it was the skinniest of the Glock line at the time and similar with the single stack clip to my Springfield, even though apparently lots of people had problems with the 36 jamming or feeding, but mine has gone through every kind of ammo, including a sandwich bag of greasy bullets that a friend's brother, a DPS officer found laying loose in his patrol car trunk. I cleaned the goo off them and they shot fine too. Hand loads to snake shot, I've never had any failure with it. Must have got a good one? My 42 is the same. Never had any failures, stovepipes, nuthun. The looks have not mattered since they are reliable, and that's what I needed at the time.

Here, let me show you a proper .45.
    1956prime2.jpg

Attachments

• 1956prime2.jpg
      1956prime2.jpg
      41.7 KB · Views: 167

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    On the subject of Glocks ;

Show your Kimber to your friends, show your Glock to your enemies.

Top Bottom