• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    We closed on our house this week and are making the final preparations for our move.

The freight company will deliver my safe to the driveway, but I need professionals to bring it inside the house.

Has anyone used a safe mover they would recommend, or know of a company offering this service?

Thank you,
    George
    Target Sports

tinplas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2017
    San Antonio
    If it's a local move, I've been pleased with A-Affordable Movers. It's been several years, but they were very efficient and took card of my things. Used them a few times. They broke the wheels on my fridge, but replaced them quickly and at no charge.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    If it's a local move, I've been pleased with A-Affordable Movers. It's been several years, but they were very efficient and took card of my things. Used them a few times. They broke the wheels on my fridge, but replaced them quickly and at no charge.
    How did they do with your safe?

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    We closed on our house this week and are making the final preparations for our move.

The freight company will deliver my safe to the driveway, but I need professionals to bring it inside the house.

Has anyone used a safe mover they would recommend, or know of a company offering this service?

Thank you,
    George
    How big is your safe and an est of weight. Going to assume you plan on moving it empty?

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    It's a long-distance move. The safe weighs over 1100lbs. empty, and I'd like to be able to leave my valuables in it while it's being transported.

Last edited:

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    You could take your stuff out from the driveway to the door?

Do you have steps into the house? Makes it a bit more difficult but only a bit unless you have a LOT of steps. Then were do you want, 2nd or 3 floor????

If its 1st floor things are not so bad.

If you want pros to move into your house its gonna cost a bundle and I mean a bundle especially if you want them bonded and insured for damage to your home.

If you want to move it yourself then plan your move ever step of the way. Any obstacle no matter how small is going to be a challenge. Measure the width of your entry door and make sure it will pass thru and NOTE how, on its stide, which side and prepare for it. Clear out all carpets and remove the threshold at the entry point if possible and if its flat, no nails etc then that will work, if not leave the threshold in place and brute strength over it.

Pick up 4 dollies and place them just inside each corner. EZ way is to tilt you safe, slide dollies under, chock and lift from other side. Will take a HD 2 wheeler which you can prob rent at U Haul.

Decide if you walk it in upright or laid on its side!!!

Lot easier than most think, I have done several safes house to house for some friends, they were all big and very heavy, like yours. Get a couple of goons, (strong back, weak mind, steel toe and will work for a 6 pack cold). Got a bunch on here. These guys are the muscle, one guy is the driver, he steers and gives: mo-left, mo-right, mo-back, mo-push, STOP.

Best time to do this is on a Sat at lunch. On kitchen table is tub of brews, iced, Dominoes will arrive with a stack of pies as they are rolling it in place and for desert they are going to want to see what the hell they moved.

Wife has camera, post pics of food, beer, safe and how much fun it was for all involved.

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    You could take your stuff out from the driveway to the door?

Do you have steps into the house? Makes it a bit more difficult but only a bit unless you have a LOT of steps. Then were do you want, 2nd or 3 floor????

If its 1st floor things are not so bad.

If you want pros to move into your house its gonna cost a bundle and I mean a bundle especially if you want them bonded and insured for damage to your home.

If you want to move it yourself then plan your move ever step of the way. Any obstacle no matter how small is going to be a challenge. Measure the width of your entry door and make sure it will pass thru and NOTE how, on its stide, which side and prepare for it. Clear out all carpets and remove the threshold at the entry point if possible and if its flat, no nails etc then that will work, if not leave the threshold in place and brute strength over it.

Pick up 4 dollies and place them just inside each corner. EZ way is to tilt you safe, slide dollies under, chock and lift from other side. Will take a HD 2 wheeler which you can prob rent at U Haul.

Decide if you walk it in upright or laid on its side!!!

Lot easier than most think, I have done several safes house to house for some friends, they were all big and very heavy, like yours. Get a couple of goons, (strong back, weak mind, steel toe and will work for a 6 pack cold). Got a bunch on here. These guys are the muscle, one guy is the driver, he steers and gives: mo-left, mo-right, mo-back, mo-push, STOP.

Best time to do this is on a Sat at lunch. On kitchen table is tub of brews, iced, Dominoes will arrive with a stack of pies as they are rolling it in place and for desert they are going to want to see what the hell they moved.

Wife has camera, post pics of food, beer, safe and how much fun it was for all involved.

Texans are known for their neighborlines but I would never impose on folks I don't know, especially where an 1100+lb. safe is involved. Someone could get squashed!

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Texans are known for their neighborlines but I would never impose on folks I don't know, especially where an 1100+lb. safe is involved. Someone could get squashed!
    The last one I moved was around 900+ lbs and not only did we need to get it in the house, but I had to load it in the truck and that was the most difficult part.

I am sure there are enough steel toe goons on here that they will just, pick it up and walk it in the door.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I would like to see that! I had 3 guys trying to get my 400lb safe upstairs and they about busted a gut doing it.

HoustonCollection

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2018
    Houston

Thank you,
    George

HoustonCollection

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2018
    Houston

Thank you,
    George
    Local basis, call the Fort Knox dealer. They specialize in moving heavy safes. Amazing to watch them use their special equipment, especially moving safes across carpet, through door ways rolling on fifteen or twenty golf balls.

DeudeMann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2019
    San Antonio
    +1 on Kennedy's Korner. He has a safe mover he uses that does a great job, and since he sells huge safes, like some of the really big Champion models, they can handle those too. Very reasonable prices.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom