• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Gallagher is charged with a host of crimes connected to his 2017 deployment to Iraq with SEAL Team 7, including stabbing to death a wounded Islamic State prisoner of war and shooting at innocent civilians with his sniper rifle

Gallagher urged fellow SEALs to obstruct justice or retaliate against junior sailors who spoke to law enforcement officials.

Sorry, this guy needs to stay in confinement until his court martial convenes.

This isn't civilian law, it's the Uniformed Code of Military Justice; and just because a bunch of lawmakers don't agree with it doesn't mean he should be released.

And I highly doubt he's suffering from access to medical, his lawyers and/or his family. The military is hyper-sensitive in assuring those in confinement are treated within accordance of rules and regulations. It sound more like exaggerated statements from his lawyers trying to get him released.

This guy appears to be a real shitbag. Sorry, SEALS are not always like they are portrayed in movies. The vast majority are honorable men who have made great sacrifices for their country; but even they have assholes amongst them...

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your...bshells-explode-on-two-seal-war-crimes-cases/

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    War is hell ... how many hundreds of political operatives, and NVN and Vietcong suppliers/sympathizers along the Cambodian supply lines, did our clandestine Sneaky Pete assassins and LRP's dispatch, after capture?

Most of those 58,193 who didn't make it back would give a shit, and many more wouldn't have if not for the above.

F*ck'em ...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    What’s the difference between ISIS killing civilians and him doing it?

“"Whoever fights with monsters should see to it that he does not become a monster in the process. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill

“"Whoever fights with monsters should see to it that he does not become a monster in the process. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.”

Whoa! Deep!

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I like it. But of course, I'm a deep person.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya

I doubt Nietzsche ever got shot at or saw his brethren smoked.

just sayin...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    BS often is ... especially when written by a syphilitic.

Written by someone, and like those military prosecutors and politicians in uniform, who likely never had to pick up the pieces of a fallen comrade.

Justify it if you want, but there is no point if fighting something if you become the very thing you are fighting.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Justify it if you want, but there is no point if fighting something if you become the very thing you are fighting.

Would you send a snowflake into combat?

Stabbing a wounded combatant isn’t “bad” enough from my perspective. I’d have shot his ass in the face.

Get shot at. Get shot. See your brethren hurt. By animals. You will soon dispense with that perspective.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Fine, then "justify" it in your own words and experience, like I did in mine.

What, do you want me to tell you my war stories? Not going to. Sorry.

The issue is morality. Our civilization has prospered because of it, not in spite of it. Our rules of war are based on it. ISIS has no morality. That is the reason we fight them. Becoming the same thing they are is not something that is admirable. It's detestable. And you didn't justify it to me, you just made an excuse. You compared killing people supplying an enemy force to sniping civilians and murdering POWs.

Any idea why Iraqis didn't do anything to hinder their fields being used to launch mortars at us? Because doing so would mean watching their family get murdered. So no, I have no sympathy for this guy that was doing the same. He shouldn't have joined the military if he wasn't willing to follow the rules that applied.

Top Bottom