• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    In Arkansas to finish up my PTO with just a little more hunting. Got a doe yesterday afternoon with my Tactifudd quiet 30-30 and this morning I took my Dad’s 30-30 that he bought new in 1972.

Fitting that it is the probably the last deer I shoot this season.

Have taken a deer with this gun every year since I inherited it when he died in 2005 ( deer count started in 2006 as he passed in late December )

This year’s doe shot loudly ;)
    IMG_7897.jpeg
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    You know, there's something about a gun that's been doing it's job for years - especially when it's passed down a generation or two. Same with a knife. I've got an old Buck knife that's been on every hunting trip. I have others - and have used them - but somehow that's the go-to knife.
    I have my grandfather's squirrel gun, a Winchester model 12 in 20 gauge made in 1948. I use it for dove. Sometimes I think about upgrading but I would probably use his more than any new gun. BTW my mother said she never ate the squirrel but I would bet Memaw snuck some on here plate a time or 2.

@Hoji Thats awesome.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    My oldest gun is grandpa's Winchester 57. I remember him telling me when he bought it at Marshal Fields in Chicago, because it was on an historic date: Feb 14, 1929. I used it to kill my first rabbit when my mother took me hunting in 1955. I was 6 1/2.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Almost all of my dad's guns were stolen in a burglary in 2013. The only one the thief missed was the Koon Snakecharmer .410 that was propped up by his dresser among a couple of pellet guns and an umbrella.

Good to see you getting to use your dad's rifle to take down some tasty goodness.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I’ve killed more dove with my dad’s Mossberg 500 12g than either of my Berettas. Looking forward to giving it to my son.

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Looks right for what he was and now you’re doing with it.

I still have my dads guns & it is pretty awesome to get them out & let them bark once & a while for sure.

That was a nice doe you took with it right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I do not believe I have ever missed with it ( exception being the pig I shot at at over 500 yards. Bullet hit about 5 feet in front of him and he hauled ass, but I don’t really count that one, lol)

Top Bottom