Hurley's Gold

Murder Rates: Why Comparing The United States Only To Other Developed Countries Is De

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    a country's level of development or poverty is irrelevant to the murder rate.
    Yep! I'm so sick of the line that poverty causes crime and violence. There are far more non-violent people than violent, no matter what their economic status. The prevalence of it boils down to how their culture deals with the violence.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yep! I'm so sick of the line that poverty causes crime and violence. There are far more non-violent people than violent, no matter what their economic status. The prevalence of it boils down to how their culture deals with the violence.

I would assert the violence and crime cause poverty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I would assert the violence and crime cause poverty.
    It certainly can, but not necessarily. Many people choose to live in poverty because it's the life they like. Some guy without a penny to his name substance farming in the middle of nowhere with his family is probably happier than most of us living the middle class wage slave lifestyle.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It certainly can, but not necessarily. Many people choose to live in poverty because it's the life they like. Some guy without a penny to his name substance farming in the middle of nowhere with his family is probably happier than most of us living the middle class wage slave lifestyle.

I meant more along the lines of communities.

I also think the man you describe probably isn't as impoverished as many would believe. His work supplies his food and shelter, same as anyone else. He just got rid of the middle man. Of course, many believe not being able to buy an IPhone and a flat screen TV counts as impoverished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom