• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbabb

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Missouri City
    Not sure how heavily it has been discussed here, but I am considering buying a new "varmint" AR upper (24") in either 5.56, 5.45, or both (someday). I am curious what kind of experiences you guys have had with Model1Sales and the level of quality they produce as opposed to people like RRA.

I like the idea of putting 5.45x39 and maybe 7.62x39 through my AR and M1S seems to be the best option.

Thanks in advance.

jdh

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    I have a 6.8upper from them that works well and is accurate. It is as well made as any of the other uppers I have. Had one of the 7.62 uppers until someone talked my out of it. It was also well made. Their customer support is above average. I would have no problem buying from the again.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I've got a M1 upper and think it's pretty good. I wouldn't consider them top of the line quality, but good. A lot better them some out there. They are local (Texas) and are at all of the gun shows with a comprhensive showing of their products. When I've chatted with them at the gun show booth, they seemed knowledgeable and helpful.

Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I have been wondering this same thing as well, matter of fact I asked about them once on on a very popular AR15 forum, not sure if I can mention them here, and got flamed for bringing them up but, not a single person gave a tangible reason as to why not to go with the company. I have been wanting an interchangable varmit upper that fits well on my Mega lower and I really like their pricing. I don't want to spend top dollar for this upper because it want see as much action as my competition upper, but I dont want a piece of junk either... Great post!

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    i put together 2- AR/M4'S right after O-bummer got elected from them. everything they sold was a perfect fit and to today operates awesomely. even the 2 chrome lined 1-7 twist barrels i got from them work flawlessly. they are AAA+++ in my book. TS

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    A friend brought a 2 month old Model 1 AR he had to a 3-gun match. Halfway through one of the stages his bolt snapped in half. Model 1 had great customer service and sent him a new bolt in less than a week. Next month same rifle, new bolt. About 3 stages in the new bolt snapped in half. Since that's my only experience with Model 1, they are not on the list of AR manufacturers I recommend to friends.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Similar to Jason's story, I have seen, firsthand, broken bolts on Mdl 1 rifles. One was a 5.56 gun, and the other was a 7.62x39. And both of these rifles were relatively new and being fired casually (not in competition). And the 5.56 gun wouldn't run worth a darn prior to that, no matter the ammo nor magazines used. This all occured about 2 years ago.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    A friend brought a 2 month old Model 1 AR he had to a 3-gun match. Halfway through one of the stages his bolt snapped in half. Model 1 had great customer service and sent him a new bolt in less than a week. Next month same rifle, new bolt. About 3 stages in the new bolt snapped in half. Since that's my only experience with Model 1, they are not on the list of AR manufacturers I recommend to friends.

Similar to Jason's story, I have seen, firsthand, broken bolts on Mdl 1 rifles. One was a 5.56 gun, and the other was a 7.62x39. And both of these rifles were relatively new and being fired casually (not in competition). And the 5.56 gun wouldn't run worth a darn prior to that, no matter the ammo nor magazines used. This all occured about 2 years ago.

Add my vote to these. I've also seen a M1S bolt snap. A friend of mine also bought an upper from them and the sights were so badly misaligned that he had to dial in max windage just to get it on paper.

Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    okay I just went on their site again and honestly, once I added the few little options I wanted to their upper, it costs just the same as any other, matter of fact I found a couple that were a little cheaper at Midway... I may just go that route

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Top Bottom