• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I am preparing to write a story based on this very real event of long ago. A young Physician, a Real Estate Developer, and a Jeweler were kidnapped, taken to West Texas, and executed in a horrible crime.

I knew one of the victims and some of his survivors.

ISO any LEO or retired LEO who has personal memories of the crime, its investigation, the trials, or aftermath.

Please contact me here on TGT.

Thanks,
    leVieux
    Capitol Armory ad

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I don't remember this one so now you've got me interested.

I remember the Dean Corll/Elmer Wayne Henley stuff from the 70's, but not this. Houston was really bad in the 70's.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I'm confused...were they taken from Houston to West Texas, killed, then brought back to Shiner to be buried? Because Shiner sure as shit ain't West Texas.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I'm confused...were they taken from Houston to West Texas, killed, then brought back to Shiner to be buried? Because Shiner sure as shit ain't West Texas.

I guess someone didn't understand Texas geography. As it was over 40 years ago and I wasn't in Houston at the time, I didn't recall that detail.

leVieux

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I guess someone didn't understand Texas geography. As it was over 40 years ago and I wasn't in Houston at the time, I didn't recall that detail.

leVieux

Wasn't anywhere near Houston at the time and don't remember the story, but news didn't spread back then like it does now.

Mostly disappointed to read 1978 was over 40 years ago. Had to check the math on that and got even more depressed.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Wasn't anywhere near Houston at the time and don't remember the story, but news didn't spread back then like it does now.

Mostly disappointed to read 1978 was over 40 years ago. Had to check the math on that and got even more depressed.

Gee, my old "memory" ! I would have sworn it was before June 1977. Good thing I didn't bet on it.

leVieux

Thank you,

leVieux

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Wow! These guys were real dirt bags!

1978 was a wild time in Houston. Gun stores were packed on Saturdays with people buying guns to protect themselves. My cousin was staying with an older lady (friend of his mother) and went out with some friends one night. When he got to the house, he noticed light coming through the front door. While he was gone, someone tried to break in and the woman put half a dozen bullets through the door.

There was a back street that I could take to get home from work. A number of apartment complexes were along it. At one of them, a woman was murdered. A week later, 2 more were murdered and they took the heads with them. As I drove by the next day, people were pitching mattresses and such from the upper floors in order to speed up moving out.

Wild times!

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Yes, I lived off South Main 1977 - 79. Two of my neighbors were kidnapped, raped, & brutally beaten. Perp's never were caught. leVieux

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wow! These guys were real dirt bags!

1978 was a wild time in Houston. Gun stores were packed on Saturdays with people buying guns to protect themselves. My cousin was staying with an older lady (friend of his mother) and went out with some friends one night. When he got to the house, he noticed light coming through the front door. While he was gone, someone tried to break in and the woman put half a dozen bullets through the door.

There was a back street that I could take to get home from work. A number of apartment complexes were along it. At one of them, a woman was murdered. A week later, 2 more were murdered and they took the heads with them. As I drove by the next day, people were pitching mattresses and such from the upper floors in order to speed up moving out.

Wild times!
    So why was it so bad during that time? Gangs? drugs? what was the deal?

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Houston was always rough in the past, it wasn't until the CHL laws and 'freakonomic' effects of Roe v. Wade in the mid-late 1990s that calmed things down. Truth be told, I wish it'd get rough again, and scare the weak among the recent transplants out!

Eli

Top Bottom