• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emccaff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2018
    Dallas
    I wouldn't spend money on an Aimpoint unless you're deploying with it and plan on getting it tossed around and blown up. A Sig Romeo echo 5 will give you exactly the same product for just barely over 100 bucks. Back in the day when red dots were uncommon it was worth going with aimpoint. Everyone and their mom makes red dots now.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    Aimpoint if you want batteries, Trijicon TX30/RX01/RX06 if you want Fiber Optics & Tritium.

Or Cheaper options.

PA Dots work great, I have 2 micros that are 3~6 years old and have given me zero issues. They have been on .308's, .223's, and PPC's.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I have a PA microdot that's been swapped around from ARs to .22s

It's worked well, held zero, etc. The knob is a little stiff to rotate but otherwise it's worked well. The emitter can be seen as a flat spot along the edge. Lens coating blocks a little light but seems to add a little contrast. Not sure if this is common among red dots and have nothing else to compare it to. Standard PA microdot, not the advanced.

I've been satisfied with it overall. My needs didn't justify the cost of an Aimpoint or similar.
    I agree. I have 3 now. They’re the advance micro dots. They get really dim and really bright.

wileycoyote

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2017
    Haskell County in West Texas
    after owning many models/brands, i tired of dead batteries, corroded contacts and constantly adjusting brightnesses, so have gone completely to RMR dual-illuminated (RM08A in particular). i currently have six of them.

not being an "operator", i can live with the sometime issue of washout when standing in darkness while aiming into brightness. besides, i can always flip up my back-up sights when it might happen.

---
    example of RMR on AR pistol w/ tac sol 22LR kestrel upper (not a defense tool so doesn't carry BUIS)
    Tac-Sol-AR22-Pistol.jpg

(my pix)

Attachments

• Tac-Sol-AR22-Pistol.jpg
      Tac-Sol-AR22-Pistol.jpg
      48.5 KB · Views: 425
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom