• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/op...cle_a1030e9a-35d6-5b22-9a7e-90c5ebb845d9.html

I did some research on the two main candidates and I think Michael Cloud is the best choice to replace Blake Farenthold.

I have a proven record working hand-in-hand with the people of our district. I was elected four times as Republican County Chair in Victoria, where we turned the county from blue to red without compromising our conservative principles. And now I represent 21 counties on the State Republican Executive Committee.
    One of my priorities will be establishing a federal Sunset Commission. A lot of the Washington bureaucracy exists because it has just always been around or because Congress has other things to think about. A sunset commission would recommend wasteful federal programs for Congress to eliminate. All agencies and programs would be set to expire on a certain date unless Congress specifically voted to reauthorize them - forcing our representatives to do their jobs.
    ARJ Defense ad

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    https://www.caller.com/story/news/p...un-texas-michael-cloud-district-27/478440002/

Caller Times did a recent article.

Cloud is running as "a constitutional conservative," with an emphasis on border security and scaling back the power of the federal government. And, he argued in remarks in Port Lavaca last February, his early bid suggested an added layer of sincerity in his campaign.

"If you followed the race, we got involved back in October," he said. "The landscape was completely different, and then news happened that shifted the race. That news happened a week before the filing deadline."

He then implicitly criticized the other candidates who entered the race in that time period, including Bruun.

"We got in the race because I looked at what was happening in our nation, and I felt like we needed something to happen," he added. "And I felt like we needed to send people who had the courage, who had the conviction to stand up to a culture of corruption in Washington, D.C. So that's what got me into this race, that was the message from the beginning."

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Cloud is the man until the next election...we shall see if he is worthy...........

Top Bottom