• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    Open or fold-down open sight with illumination would be my choice; possibly with a LASER (like a TruGlo). If you want electronic sights, use an open red-dot (or green-dot, or whatever). Since this is a house gun, you are talking about confronting someone at what are basically "bad breath" distances; with any luck, they will decide to leave, quickly. If not, you will have to kill them.
    If I'm answering a door I typically have my Walther PPQ with a Viridian X5 on me, especially if it's not and expected guest. I did decide on an optic for the rifle.

Tavor SAR with the Mepro M5. This optic offers a good clear cowitness with the built in flip up iron sights which I plan to keep deployed. The M5 offers a wake option on it, so if I need to pick it up it should be ready to go. It's estimated based on power draw at typical indoor power settings with a Lithium AA battery that it should have about 11000 hours in standby, with about 2000 hours usable time. Even if the RDS is dead the cowitness will still be sufficient. I'll also be attaching the rifle version of the Viridian X5 with a tape switch to the front rail.

I decided on the optic specifically because the pic rail sits lower than most AR rails relative to your cheek weld. This optic already was designed with this in mind and has a sufficient standby always on time. I'll probably pick up an Aimpoint CompM5 at some point int he future as well as an ACOG or LPVO like the Vortex Razor HD Gen II. For the time being I think the Mepro M5/Tru Dot RDS Pro will be a good start and leave me a few extra bucks to pick up some bulk M855 to get some range time.
    Lynx Defense

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just to be contrary I'll say the Aimpoint sucks.

The Trijicon MRO is vastly superior.
    opplanet-trijicon-2-0-moa-adjustable-green-dot-sight-w-no-mount-mro-c-2200028-main.jpg

No.
    Actually I have a three different Aimpoint products.
    They are all fantastic.

I do want a Trijcon MRO though.

Attachments

• opplanet-trijicon-2-0-moa-adjustable-green-dot-sight-w-no-mount-mro-c-2200028-main.jpg
      opplanet-trijicon-2-0-moa-adjustable-green-dot-sight-w-no-mount-mro-c-2200028-main.jpg
      21.8 KB · Views: 404
    Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom