• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    What’s the going rate for a ltc class in the central Texas area? I have a friend that wants to take the class with me and the price
    Is $100 per. That seems high to me. I thought the price had come down.
    DK Firearms

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    You can find one here between 60-75. I would ask what you get for the $100? Perhaps a private range, smaller class, and meal? I'm on the higher end of my area, but I'm also the Range Master for my S.O. and get a lot of LE referrals; not to mention I keep my classes small. My range is also private with a 300 square foot modern club house/ classroom.

All this to say there may be reasons they're on the higher end. Some don't care about experience nor facilities and are only interested in checking a box. YMMV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    All this to say there may be reasons they're on the higher end. Some don't care about experience nor facilities and are only interested in checking a box. YMMV.
    Isn't that the truth... or they turn it into a captive time-share like opportunity to sell you a bunch of stuff.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    $75 at Reds in Pflugerville where I took mine many, many years ago (current price though). Shady Oaks in Cedar Park is $100 and is where I go shoot now. Very nice place, new equipment, clean, indoor, air conditioned. Like it much better than Reds.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    The price for the actual license has come down IIRC especially if you are a vet. But the initial training I don't think has changed all that much.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I've seen pricing somewhere between 50 and 100 bucks. See post #3 for a good explanation as to the variance.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I think the prices have come down quite a bit in the last 5 years. When I was looking for a class back in 2013, IIRC they were in the $120 to $150 range. I paid $140 back then, had great instructor, and felt like I got my money's worth.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    $75 at Reds in Pflugerville where I took mine many, many years ago (current price though). Shady Oaks in Cedar Park is $100 and is where I go shoot now. Very nice place, new equipment, clean, indoor, air conditioned. Like it much better than Reds.
    I've visited Shady Oaks several times. Been pleased with each trip.

blueangel64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Spring
    My brother and his wife took it in Midland/Odessa. It was $120EA. I thought they got robbed. But they were well satisfied with the class. I just stayed quiet.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    The good thing is you used to have to take it again to renew every time. No more. I am a vet so only $25 to renew. Or just wait and see if Constitutional Carry passes.

Csilvapro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2019
    McKinney
    What’s the going rate for a ltc class in the central Texas area? I have a friend that wants to take the class with me and the price
    Is $100 per. That seems high to me. I thought the price had come down.
    I did mine at Frisco Gun Club for $95, If you go early the qualifications are done before the class.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom