• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • samr46

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2020
    Houston, TX
    Hi there, looking for advice and counsel on starting out in rimfire long range competition. I have a couple of 10/22 automatics, a Ruger Takedown Lite and a TacSol. I plan to start with one of these (rather than buy a third gun bolt action) and find a good quality scope to replace my plinking scopes. So any advice on my choice of rifles and suggested scopes with sunshade Is welcome. Also, any leads on competitions in southeast Texas/ Houston area. Many thanks! This is strictly fun, I have no delusions of winning. Just having fun but I want quality equipment but not Olympic gun.
    Target Sports

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I remember some guys talking about a German gun that was pretty awesome, a Schuutzanoodle? Can’t recall the name.

Plinker300

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2023
    Katy
    If you find any fun LR22 competitions around Houston, let me know. I have a Ruger American Rimfire I would bring. I also would not plan to be competitive, just for fun!

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    If you're not going to buy another rifle, the first thing I would do is go and get several different boxes of ammo and figure out what your rifle likes. .22 LR ammo is cheap - even the good stuff like Eley isn't that horrible. I've gone to the range several times and brought 6-7 different boxes of ammo. There was a very clear difference in the accuracy of them. A good starting point might be CCI Standard Velocity. For me, it seems to shoot very consistently out of most of my rifles.

Top Bottom