• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AndrewR2488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2014
    Rockport, TX
    I'm sorry if this is the wrong section, I've owned a firearm for around 4 years but I did not get "into" guns until about 8 months ago. I am just now starting to gain knowledge of firearms and I'm definitely feeling a little lost as far as laws, And I am seeing a lot of the bans and what not that are coming out. Basically I am looking for ways to help us keep our rights, I feel as though standing by idly as they strip is of our 2nd amendment rights is unamerican and I want to help make a difference. There have been posts asking for us gun enthusiasts to call our representatives and what not but I don't feel as though I can do so because I am not knowledgeable enough and fear I might hurt the cause and not help. Anyone that can steer me in the right direction?
    DK Firearms

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Who are your reps?

Generally, you can call and tell them you don't support any further restrictions on gun rights. Don't be rude or go on crazy rants.

They are just going to make a little note based on the subject and which side you stand on. You don't have to get all that specific.

At the state level, check some threads on here covering campus/open carry. Call your state reps and tell them you support SB 11 and 17.

AndrewR2488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2014
    Rockport, TX
    Alright, I'm working hard to be a more knowledgable gun owner.

I thought I had posted in correct place, if not can moderators move to appropriate area

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Join the NRA. Their magazines (one free with membership) cover regional law proposals and changes, and what you can do to help.

Top Bottom