• ...and so much more!
  • Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I've got a tactical Mossberg 500 with the short barrel on it-I'm looking for a threaded barrel for but I'm having a hard time finding any without the rest of the gun attached already. Do any of y'all have any or know where I can find one? I've tried texasguntrader as well as gunbroker and have come up empty handed. Any tips or offers are appreciated!
    ARJ Defense ad

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I've seen them at Bass Pro, and I am pretty sure Cabela's has them as well. Depending on where "central Texas" (you) is/are, that would be your best bet for finding one locally.

As for TexasGunTrader, don't waste your time.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Yea, I didn't think about going through Cabellas or Bass Pro Shops. I'm in the Fort Hood area, and we don't have any here that I know of. I never thought to go by Acadamy either. Thanks for the ideas guys! Now I think I'll go do some shopping around. I'd try mossberg, but I don't have a lot of faith in them after my last dealings with them. Talking with the person I was going through was about like trying to talk to the girl at walmart who just started working in the gun section. I expected a lot more dealing with a company that specializes in a certain type of product.

Radioman93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Texas
    Ok, looking at all the prices AGAIN here is what I did. Notice that the cheapest price for that 28" Vent ribbed barrel with a choke is $179.99. Now go to Academy and check out that shotgun. Same barrel, Same choke type, and you get an action too boot for the same price and probably don't have to drive as far if you go to Academy.

Radioman

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Honestly, I don't even want the choke with it-I have seen one mossberg tactical shotgun out there that has a spiked tip threaded into the end of the barrel. THATS what I ultimately want to get. I was hoping to just find that barrel and then buy the tip for it. But I have tmorrow off, so I plan on stopping by Acadamy and seeing if they maybe can order one for me and how much it is.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Well, did some looking around at the stores today and it turns out, that's not a threaded barrell. Several sales-people agreed it does look it, but that's actually all one piece with the pointy tip on it. But I've yet to find anyone who can get it for me. So I think I"m gonna have to call mossberg

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Is this what you mean?
    breach.jpg
    Unless you're going to be blowing door locks open (breaching), they really don't serve any other practical purpose.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Is this what you mean?
    View attachment 14616
    Unless you're going to be blowing door locks open (breaching), they really don't serve any other practical purpose.

Yea, that's exactly it-and yea, I know what it's for...but it looks cool! :D Plus, if the situation ever DID arise that I needed to use my shotgun(as small of a chance as it is...), that could come in handy for more than breaching. I bet that would feel really good if it were to be shoved into someones rib cage.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Yea, that's exactly it-and yea, I know what it's for...but it looks cool! :D Plus, if the situation ever DID arise that I needed to use my shotgun(as small of a chance as it is...), that could come in handy for more than breaching. I bet that would feel really good if it were to be shoved into someones rib cage.

Hmm... Yeah, you could give someone a nasty scratch with that I guess. I'd use the money for more ammo and be shooting instead of tickling...

Top Bottom