• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlextheKat66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Houston
    Hi,
    I am still very new to learning about shooting and I have been dying to get out on the range this week but I can't seem to find a class for beginner's in rifles. I am located in the Humble/Houston area and I would really like to do long distance shooting. I have .22 and .308 rifle and possibly picking up an AR-15 within the next couple of weeks, still doing some research. I would love any help I can get or advice where to go, thanks.
    Texas SOT

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Jon is a good guy. He can teach you a lot. are you looking for long range bench stuff? Tips and pointers or half to a full day of instruction. You would be surprised at the number of people who have Zero formal training. Good to see you wanting to start off doing it the right way instead of jumping in and an instructor having to Fix bad habits.

AlextheKat66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Houston
    That's good to know. Well, to tell you honest truth I don't really know what I want, shooting from the bench sounds great and even from the prone position sounds like fun. I learned how to shoot in the military about 6 yrs ago with M16 but I do not remember much, only some. I would like to start fresh, I'd go to the range by myself but I'm hesitant. My husband I were supposed to go out this week but it rained on Monday. He is also new to shooting and got me .308 this past week at the gun show. Some places I've seen online charge an arm and leg for lessons, thats why I'm wondering if I should just go out. The ranges I've been looking at are ACS in houston and Thunder gun range. I thought I'd see what I could find on here for help. Thanks for any info.

Top Bottom