• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Okay folks. Just wanting to know if any of you know of an austin-area attorney that one would talk to regatding firearms rights restoration. The individual has a non-violent record from many years back and would like to own and operate firearms.

I am not looking for any advice as this person will not operate off internet-based legalese.

Thanks in advance and no, it's not for me.

Mic
    Gun Zone Deals

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Yes. But the Houston thing put me off for the time being. If I cannot find anyone local, I will broaden the search.

Thanks.

Mic

HBruns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Austin
    As I understand it, rights restoration for firearms must happen at the federal level.
    Texas does no keep a list of prohibited persons that is checked during purchase. Texas relies on the Federal NICs database for that.

While a legal method does exist for federal gun rights restoration, that method has been specifically de-funded for many years.
    The effect is there is no possible way to get your rights restored at the federal level. Having them restored on the state level is of little help if you're in violation of a federal law.

Top Bottom