• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    To me a bipod makes a rifle "ready to go" on short notice. I went to the range the other day and didn't need any bags. That is how I prefer it. Bipod deployed and offhand under the butt. Ready to shoot.

I do need to get some good slings to lock the rifles in. That is my next step.
    I make my offhand into a fist and tighten and loose the grip to adjust elevation.

I know squat about what makes for a good sling. :(
    Guns International

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I make my offhand into a fist and tighten and loose the grip to adjust elevation.

I know squat about what makes for a good sling. :(

Same thing here. I know it needs to have positive adjustments and sturdy build. They actually look more like a belt than a carry sling. I have some homework to do in that regard.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Same thing here. I know it needs to have positive adjustments and sturdy build. They actually look more like a belt than a carry sling. I have some homework to do in that regard.
    Can I cheat off you? lol

I can't read the thread title w/o hearing Lt. Daaaaaan in Gump voice in my little skull full o mush :eek:

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    To me a bipod makes a rifle "ready to go" on short notice. I went to the range the other day and didn't need any bags. That is how I prefer it. Bipod deployed and offhand under the butt. Ready to shoot.

I do need to get some good slings to lock the rifles in. That is my next step.

Fill an old sock with rice and use it as a bag under the back of the rifle. Even more steady and stable than using your hand.

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    I am curious on your hunt are you going to be hunting from a blind, back of a truck at night, or walking about? If you are stalking/walking then you might want to leave the bi-pod behind. It will just add weight to your rifle.

Dhayes

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Idaho Falls,Idaho
    I am curious on your hunt are you going to be hunting from a blind, back of a truck at night, or walking about? If you are stalking/walking then you might want to leave the bi-pod behind. It will just add weight to your rifle.
    We will be hunting from blinds, and they offer transportation to / from the blinds. They don't book multiple groups of hunters so our group will have the entire ranch to ourselves.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    We will be hunting from blinds, and they offer transportation to / from the blinds. They don't book multiple groups of hunters so our group will have the entire ranch to ourselves.

You still may want to take the bipod off then. Bipods get in the way when sliding your rifle in and out of windows.

They are great for prone shooting and makeshift field positions.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom