• ...and so much more!
  • digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    I'm not so interested in this idiots comments as why this would happen at one of the biggest/most prestigious Baptist universities in the US.
    Has the Baptist church gone this far off track or is this another example of the ultra liberal education system.
    Thoughts??

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I'm not so interested in this idiots comments as why this would happen at one of the biggest/most prestigious Baptist universities in the US.
    Has the Baptist church gone this far off track or is this another example of the ultra liberal education system.
    Thoughts??
    Baylor is like any other college. Full of leftists. It's nominally religious.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Thoughts??
    Baylor didn't put those words in his mouth--he's a church pastor up in DFW. And pastors don't usually "clear" what their prayer will consist of beforehand with the university. I can pretty much guarantee that there will be no further invitations for that pastor to offer benedictions at Baylor for a long, long time. This guy went full SJW/woke/virtue-signal and it's likely that the folks in control at Baylor will see to it that he moves along . . .

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Baylor didn't put those words in his mouth--he's a church pastor up in DFW. And pastors don't usually "clear" what their prayer will consist of beforehand with the university. I can pretty much guarantee that there will be no further invitations for that pastor to offer benedictions at Baylor for a long, long time. This guy went full SJW/woke/virtue-signal and it's likely that the folks in control at Baylor will see to it that he moves along . . .
    If so then someone at Baylor really screwed up. Shouldn't be hard to learn something about the church before you invite the pastor over.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    If so then someone at Baylor really screwed up. Shouldn't be hard to learn something about the church before you invite the pastor over.
    Pastors have been known to promise good behavior . . . and then rail on with their own particular flavor of brimstone and bullsauce.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Thoughts??

Baylor is struggling with liberal faculty just like every other university.

Poor job of vetting.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond

I doubt his "prayer" was a surprise to anybody that was responsible for the invitation. It seems his church is well known for this type of thing.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I don't think this is being taken in proper context. It sounds to me like he's not necessarily saying straight white men are bad - rather that we need more diversity in leadership roles.

"A planet with too many straight white men like me behind the steering wheel while others have been expected to sit quietly at the back of the bus."

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    That 'happy' man should read Heather Macdonald's book "The Diversity Delusion".

Maybe he could bone up on diversity with a little more knowledge rather spew homo ugliness as virtue.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    I don't think this is being taken in proper context. It sounds to me like he's not necessarily saying straight white men are bad - rather that we need more diversity in leadership roles.

"A planet with too many straight white men like me behind the steering wheel while others have been expected to sit quietly at the back of the bus."

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

First of all...I don't think that's the case since he brought up the poison of fossil fuels in the same statement, typical of the whiny lib. But if he really believes the shit he's shoveling, he needs to do what my dad and football coaches always told me.......lead by example.......and fucking resign your post and hand it over to anyone other than a straight white male. Good grief....

Otherwise he's just another whiny ass liberal hypocrite.

Top Bottom