Patriot Mobile

Leaked documents expose real story of botched raid.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    http://thefreethoughtproject.com/leaked-documents-marvin-guy-killed-cop/

As we have faithfully reported on numerous occasions, a man named Marvin Louis Guy sits in a jail cell in Killeen, Texas, awaiting trial for killing a police officer. Arguably, however, the police officer, Charles “Chuck” Dinwiddie, a beloved member of the Killeen Police Department, would still be alive had the KPD not chosen to serve a “no-knock” search warrant at Mr. Guy’s apartment home.
    The first thing Guy likely heard, at 5:30 am, on May 9[SUP]th[/SUP], 2014, was the breaking of his bedroom window glass. Possibly startled by the fact someone was breaking into his home, and hearing someone attempting to break down his front door, Guy started shooting, striking three of the officers, and killing Dinwiddie with one fatal shot to the face. While Guy has never denied he did fire his weapon, he’s repeatedly maintained he did not know he was firing at police.

Capitol Armory ad

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    How many times have we seen this story play out with no knocks?

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I've followed this on other sites as well. This story has "screw up" written all over it. I don't think the PD is releasing everything about this case, in large part to them screwing up.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    A guy in east TX got off on with a no bill awhile back when he shot and killed a deputy after they tossed a flash bang grenade into his home in the middle of the night.

Turned out a meth head had given info that he was a big grower of weed.
    The guy had one plant in his possession and all of his guns were legal and had no other legal issues

they no billed him, but the deputy is still dead

another no knock...

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    A guy in east TX got off on with a no bill awhile back when he shot and killed a deputy after they tossed a flash bang grenade into his home in the middle of the night.

Turned out a meth head had given info that he was a big grower of weed.
    The guy had one plant in his possession and all of his guns were legal and had no other legal issues

they no billed him, but the deputy is still dead

another no knock...

I've seen other cases around the country where they didn't even arrest the home owner. No knocks should be reserved for when someone's life is in immediate danger. Things go wrong far too often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    When I went through the academy - in 1999 - we were told on no uncertain terms that 'no-knock' raids weren't legal in Texas, and that it was legal in Texas to defend yourself from excessive force from police.

Eli

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Something to ponder while this case intertwines the castle doctrine.

If a group of people bust into your house. One yells "police", for a diversion. You hesitate and are shot. You didn't shoot because you heard the word "Police". You didn't want to be lethal injected but it doesn't matter.

You're dead already.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I'm familiar with the area this gentleman decided to blaze.

The majority of people in that area ain't human. It's pure, unadulterated animals. It's not a place to visit.

Someone busts a window. You better defend yourself. Your family and property. Otherwise, the predators will take it in whole. No remorse. No cozy feelings. Raw animals feeding on the weak.

They ain't human. It's wild animals at your door. Their world is completely separate from yours.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Unless they're cops. Yelling something as they kick in the door. You have milliseconds to decide between the two.

Friend or foe? Seems nowadays, both bust windows. Asking for a response.....no....begging for a response.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    The Killeen Daily Herald has responded with a piece deflecting about how they wouldn't let the story be posted. They touched on just about everything BUT that. It's funny because they also touched on several topics that were brought up by a local community forum that KDH is known to monitor (and funny enough - was started because the KDH likes to delete comments and control what people talk about in the KDH comments sections).

http://kdhnews.com/news/local/forme...cle_363b4b4c-bb71-11e6-a0e0-5f7992f9e0a9.html

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Centextalk.com. I shared this over there knowing all the local news outlets monitor that forum and sure enough, now KDH is reporting about it.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

ImVho, there is SELDOM any necessity for a "no knock raid" during the late evening/early morning hours. = I was a LEO for >3 decades at the county/state/federal level & cannot remember a single case that would have been compromised by waiting for daylight to make a raid.

And to make a "no knock raid" by a SINGLE police officer is AT BEST reckless & AT WORST ends with the LEO dead/seriously wounded, as happened in this sad case.

just my OPINION, satx

Top Bottom