• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Poboy gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    DFW
    Woman across the street had a dead battery. I really don't know what she drives, just that SHE had to help me find the battery!!!!!

Crazy, but this damn Chebbie, you have to have TOOLS to jump a dead battery!!! Remove a bunch of crap, just to get to the terminals!

Crazy world.
    Hurley's Gold

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Woman across the street had a dead battery. I really don't know what she drives, just that SHE had to help me find the battery!!!!!

Crazy, but this damn Chebbie, you have to have TOOLS to jump a dead battery!!! Remove a bunch of crap, just to get to the terminals!

Crazy world.

Just wait. Many cars with ESS (engine stop-start) have two batteries. My Wrangler has it's normal 12vt battery then the secondary battery is located under a cover beneath the primary.

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016

Crazy world.

Lemme guess GMC Acadia/ Chevrolet Traverse

Battery hidden under floorboard behind passenger seat, panel under rear floor Matt

Battery posts in engine compartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    My Chrysler 300 has the battery in the trunk under the floor in the spare tire well. There are posts under the hood for jump starting.

Naturally, I just found the printed manual in a hidden area in the glove box. Three years to find it.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Yep a lot of cars are hiding away the battery, and putting nice and easily accessed posts under the hood. Last 4 or 5 cars I've had were like this.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Getting the battery out of the engine compartment does seem to help battery life (much less heat exposure). Probably the only advantage.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    This is also one of the reasons they make those Jumping devices that you plug into the lighter/power socket
    I have one but havent used it .

Poboy gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    DFW
    I still want to get with her and clean up her battery posts because they need it. This woman works all the time, so I'm waiting on her to give me a time. I don't mind doing it, won't take long at all.

BTW, the battery was under the hood, just had a cover and some crap over it. I was in a hurry, because she was panicking and trying to get to work. If I clean up the terminals, I'll look for remote posts.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom