• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    A bit unrelated, I've had vehicles with FOBs for many years and never had to mess with the FOB but they only activated the doors. In 2016 I bought two new cars from the same manufacturer on the same day so their FOBs are identical (2 for each vehicle) but they also control the keyless ignition. This past week my primary FOB would only occasionally lock/unlock doors and allow the vehicle to start. The FOB 3 volt battery (Energizer lithium) was down to 2.81 volts at 2.5 years. Replaced and all is well. Checked the wife's primary FOB and hers was at 2.85 volts and our backups were at 2.88 and 2.89 volts so all were replaced.

Assuming the batteries were 3.3 volts when new, the more electronics nowadays relying on the FOB won't let them last the better part of 10 years anymore. She would have been really pissed to have been stranded somewhere with a dead FOB battery.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The alarm system on my motorcycle requires a proximity fob to start the bike, they recommend changing the fob battery every 3 years.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I had to buy a new proximity fob for the Volvo since I got it used and the non Volvo dealer had 1 key. I know the high end stuff uses it but the next time I car shop, I will be looking for a key ignition I think.

Sidenote, I drive my bosses car sometimes and the Audi mechanic stated my boss should not be leaving the fob inside the vehicle even in the garage since they constantly "talk" to each other.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom