Capitol Armory ad

Just pondering: After MJ becomes legal employment oppurtunity?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I do believe it's Big Pharm & their lobbyist keeping the weed illegal! Wonder how manyof the recent mass shooters were on Rx drugs for anxiety? If the had smoked weed they might have made it to the Stop & Rob for munchies, but not being bothered with killing folks.
    ARJ Defense ad

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I do believe it's Big Pharm & their lobbyist keeping the weed illegal! Wonder how manyof the recent mass shooters were on Rx drugs for anxiety? If the had smoked weed they might have made it to the Stop & Rob for munchies, but not being bothered with killing folks.

Well DUH.
    Follow the money.
    It isn't just big pharma either.
    Think of all the drug enforcement that would get trimmed back.

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Personally, I don't think big pharma is exactly lobbying to keep it illegal. One of my wife's cousins works for one of the biggest pharma companies in the world and is in their legislative initiatives division. He's an MBA, JD, and while highly intelligent and politically savvy, isn't greasy at all.

Take this for what it's worth-an internet post- but he says that not only is their company not lobbying against legalization, they are about 99% for it being legalized. They already have paid researchers in spain and isreal working on THC and other components as bases and extract ingredients and think that at the big pharma level, most of them are for it.

I think it's more likely that the private prison industry is the primary one against legalization. We have the most prisoners per capita in the world. Russia is about 8% behind us, and it's a LOOOOONG way to #3.

Wackenhut/ccc/whatever they call themselves now, used to spend a LOT of money on lobbying, can't imagine that's changed any. If anything, I'd bet it's gone up.

I truly think the founding American generation would have already had a 2nd version of the Whiskey Rebellion over PRIVATE prisons if they were alive now. To me, it's a travesty of everything related to a democratic republic that theoretically values freedom and rule of law.

Top Bottom