• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Here are just a select few new laws that take effect in California today....there are hundreds more and most are just as stupid....

AB 1884: Plastic straws
    Plastic straws are going the way of plastic bags. Dine-in restaurants in the state will be prohibited from giving out single-use plastic straws unless they are requested by a customer. Businesses that don't comply will be fined $25 a day and up to $300 a year.

SB 1192: Children's meals
    Restaurants with children's meals can no longer offer sugary drinks, such as juice and soda, as the primary choice in their menus. The default option will be milk, water or flavored water with no added sweeteners. Kids can still order sugary drinks if wanted.

SB 1138: Vegetarian meals
    There will be more meal options for people in hospitals. Healthcare facilities will now have to offer plant-based meals to patients. Prisons will also be included in the new meal requirement.

AB 626: Home food businesses
    Anyone who can cook can start a business under this new law. It allows people to sell food they make in their home kitchens to the public. They can also prepare dinners in their homes for paying guests. The home kitchens must undergo food safety inspections. The food must be sold directly to consumers, and cannot be part of a delivery service.

Minimum Wage
    The state minimum wage gets another boost to $11 an hour for people working at companies with 25 or fewer employees, and to $12 an hour for those working at companies with 26 or more employees.

AB 1976: Breast milk
    Employers must provide an area other than a bathroom for new mothers to express breast milk. The area must be private and within close proximity to the employee's work space.

SB 826: Women on board of directors
    Publicly-traded companies are being put on notice. They must have at least one woman in their board of directors by the end of 2019 and two or more women in their board of directors by 2021.

AB 2274: Divorce and pets
    Judges will be able to decide who gets custody of a family pet during a divorce. The judge will consider factors like who takes care or feeds the pet.

AB 485: Pet stores
    Pet stores will be prohibited from selling live animals like dogs, cats or rabbits that come from breeders. The animals must be obtained from an animal shelter and the store must post the name of the agency where it got the animal.

SB 1014: Ride-hailing vehicles
    Your Uber ride will have to be a cleaner one. Ride-hailing companies will have to meet higher emission standards. Companies like Uber and Lyft will have to increase the number of zero-emission vehicles on its platform and do more to encourage passengers to pool their rides.

AB 2685: Habitual truants
    Juvenile court judges will no longer have the ability to suspend the driver's license of a minor who is a habitual truant.

AB 2504: Police officer LGBTQ training
    Police officers and dispatchers must undergo special training to better understand the LGBTQ community. The training will teach officers the difference between sexual orientation and gender identity, and how to create an inclusive work environment in police departments.

SB 1421: Police officer records
    The veil is being lifted from police officer records. This new law allows inspection of an officer's record during investigations of police shootings, use of force, sexual misconduct, dishonesty or misconduct by an officer.

SB 1391: Teens in prison
    Teens under 16 will no longer go to adult prisons. They would be incarcerated in juvenile facilities even if they commit a serious offense.

AB 2020: Cannabis events
    California is loosening its rules on where people can smoke cannabis. Festivals, museums, nightclubs and other venues will be able to host special events where people can purchase and consume cannabis. Currently, only county fairgrounds are allowed to host these special events.

AB 2215: Pets & Cannabis
    Veterinarians will be allowed to discuss the use of cannabis with their clients, but vets will not be allowed to administer cannabis to animals.

SB 179: Gender of driver's license
    A person applying for a driver's license or an identification card can choose a gender category of male, female or non-binary. Anyone wishing to change their gender can make an appointment after January 2, 2019.

SB 100: Green energy
    Under this new law, public utilities must implement a plan to incorporate renewable energy resources. The goal is to generate 60 percent of the state's electricity from sources like wind and solar by 2030, and 100 percent from climate-friendly resources by 2045. (SB 100)

AB 1775 & SB 834: Offshore oil production
    This is California's pushback on the Trump administration's decision to lift a ban on new oil drilling off the coast. The law prohibits the California State Lands Commission from approving or renewing leases for the construction of pipelines and docks that could be used to increase the production of oil and natural gas in federal waters.

AB 1974: High school diplomas
    Public schools can't withhold high school diplomas for students with past-due bus fares, overdue library books or unpaid uniforms.

AB 3922: Deported students
    Retroactively grants high school diplomas to seniors who have been deported.

SB 568: Presidential primary
    Moves up California's 2020 primary to the first Tuesday in March to have more influence in the presidential primaries.

SB 1100: Firearm sales to minors
    The minimum age to buy a rifle or shotgun in California increases from 18 to 21 years. Anyone under 21 wanting to buy a rifle or shotgun must do so before January 20, 2019 and pick up the firearm before the law is implemented on February 1.

AB 2103: Concealed weapons
    Consumers wanting a license to carry a concealed weapon in public must undergo 8 hours of firearms training.

AB 1525: Firearms warning labels
    Firearms will come with warning labels that state, "Firearms must be handled responsibly and securely stored to prevent access by children and unauthorized users." The warnings will also be posted at gun stores.
    Target Sports

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    AB 2504: Police officer LGBTQ training
    I miss the days of old "Cops" TV shows when police officers, faced with an arrestee of indeterminate sex/gender/whatever, would simply ask "Do you have a penis?" and process the person based on the answer received.

That sure clarified things quickly.

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    The moving of the presidential primary is probably the worst of the bunch. This can potentially change the entire dynamic of elections to come.

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    I was stationed at Edwards AFB back in the early 80's. Saw 6 of the first 8 shuttle landings. I didn't know how crazy it was then off base when it came to firearms. Whenever I went to shoot, which was damn little because we were a struggling family with little extra money for ammo, I was fortunate to go with a CHP guy I knew from the AF Reserve unit on base. So I didn't worry about what the rules were. NOW, I'd never go back!!!! Even the SASS folks figured it out and moved to New Mexico. I was always amazed, when I was a competitor in SASS, that it started in Southern CA and actually held matches there.

But now "I pity the fools" for anyone who stays behind. Just don't come to Texas and vote like a Kalifornian. I like this place and don't want it screwed up anymore than it's gotten lately (Beto and the crew).

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Yep, and it was a bad call (from my viewpoint).
    About 20 years ago I was looking into moving to San Diego, but the same wage scale I had in Washington was paying about $2.00 an hour less (prevailing wage). I figured I would have to live in the Imperial Valley and drive 2 hours to work for $2.00 less, screw that. Glad that's as far as it went.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Can’t we just vote them off the island?

When you move yourself so far away from the Constitution and the ideals that made this country great that you no longer hold the same values it’s time for you to leave. Kick them out and impose the same tariffs other countries receive and let’s see how long they last.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I miss the days of old "Cops" TV shows when police officers, faced with an arrestee of indeterminate sex/gender/whatever, would simply ask "Do you have a penis?" and process the person based on the answer received.

That sure clarified things quickly.

upload_2019-1-1_15-20-39.png

Top Bottom