• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • webb971

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 19, 2018
    Cleburne
    Looking for suggestions for an iwb holster for a full size 9mm. I’d prefer leather but if kydex is better I’ll go that route. Looking to carry at 4-5 o’clock and maybe occasionally appendix. Would like something that is easy on and easy off. What are some good ones to look at?

e288217a4d771d1f57caa9bf62c9328c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• e288217a4d771d1f57caa9bf62c9328c.jpg
      e288217a4d771d1f57caa9bf62c9328c.jpg
      128.5 KB · Views: 799

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Love my Crossbreed Supertuck. It’s a Kydek holster attached to a leather or horse hide backer. The horse hide is slightly higher but supposedly repels moisture better than leather.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County

Dantastic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2019
    Wills Point, Texas
    Blue Star Holsters makes inexpensive kydex holsters if you just want to try kydex.

I just ordered a leather holster from Bitterroot Gun Leather. About a 6 month lead time though.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Cam we have been selling them for over a year. The magnets are indeed strong enough. And... you can hang your gun on the fridge at the end of the day....lol...

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Had a few Black Arch holsters... but before you decide to go IWB, try drawing while sitting in your car while wearing a seatbelt.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Too much of me hangs outta my britches anyway. Have tried a couple IWB Kydex and one tuck-able hibred. The hibred works best, but I'd rather invest in longer T shirts and use an OWB. or my trusty ankle holster

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Whatever works. I carried various .380s around stuffed into the top of my cowboy boots for decades. Poor mans ankle holster.lol. Dawned on me one day it took too long to get to it. So I bought the little NAA .22 to carry in the Shirt pocket. Idea being a round or two from that could make the bad guys duck and cover till I could get to the boot.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Looks cool. Trying to figger out if it has a backer of some type to keep the gun from from getting laid up against big tummies and or love handles? Thanks

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I carry a full size SIG SP2022 in a CrossBreed Super Tuck with no complaints. My Ruger SR9C does just as well in an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck. It's not full size, but I'd expect similar success with a full size pistol and a Cloak Tuck.

Alien Gear edges out CrossBreed in two big ways - they're slightly less expensive, and they send along a whole bunch of replacement parts (screws, spacers, etc - plus an Allen wrench) at no charge.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I carry a full size SIG SP2022 in a CrossBreed Super Tuck with no complaints. My Ruger SR9C does just as well in an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck. It's not full size, but I'd expect similar success with a full size pistol and a Cloak Tuck.

Alien Gear edges out CrossBreed in two big ways - they're slightly less expensive, and they send along a whole bunch of replacement parts (screws, spacers, etc - plus an Allen wrench) at no charge.
    If you go swapping parts on Alien Gear, be sure & use purple Loctite on the screws.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Been toting my P-226 in a cross breed Super Tuck for 8 years. Have noticed the gun butt can scratch fancy seat covers when sitting in a car. Adding a ammo pouch on the weak side can make a persons pants fall down especially if they wear silky girly man underwear. A pair of suspenders cures that.

Top Bottom