• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Your annual hunting & fishing license go on sale today.
    LOL,
    I was just in the garage polishing my wheels and came in for a drink refill and was thinking I should probably get a license this year. Sat down and saw this.
    Sadly I think it's gonna be a bad year. Many of the old and young have or will die from lack of water and good food. IMO

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Does Texas require a license to hunt hood rats?
    Are they considered small game, or large dangerous game?
    Can they be smoked, or boiled in oil like a turkey?

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Arg, OK.
    I like birds anyway.
    What is the best time to take them?
    Early morning, or late at night when they are active?
    Any suggestions on what to bait them with?

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I cannot wait for a nice hunt. Last few years were hectic thanks to my daughter shotgun competitions but did manage to get in a few fishing trips.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    LOL,
    I was just in the garage polishing my wheels and came in for a drink refill and was thinking I should probably get a license this year. Sat down and saw this.
    Sadly I think it's gonna be a bad year. Many of the old and young have or will die from lack of water and good food. IMO

My neighborhood is crawling with them.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Renew! Renew!

carousel renew.gif

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    LOL,
    As most of y'all know I live pretty much on a lake, and there's plenty of oldsters who feed the local deer. From what I have seen was several does that dropped twins. I'm see more bucks this year then I have since moving here in 2021. Even with them clearing 2 lots to the east of me this not effected the back yard deer herd.

The road into the subdivision is posted 30mph, & its real easy to find yourself going faster. Myself I drive slower as to not hit any deer especially fawns. It especially pisses me off when the bigger trucks drive fast.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Most sub division deer are not hunted deer. And those that live in the subdivisions or just outside of subdivisions are an exception to adverse conditions due to the residents feeding and watering them year round.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    Renewed the Sr. Resident Combo for $32, you get everything but have to be 65 or older. Also it is good for fishing in Oklahoma and on Lake Texoma

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Most sub division deer are not hunted deer. And those that live in the subdivisions or just outside of subdivisions are an exception to adverse conditions due to the residents feeding and watering them year round.
    I think were I live there no safer then the fish in the lake. When I first move in a friend of mine who is whitetail crazy made the comment about a tree stand, one of the local guys said that aint necessary.

Top Bottom