• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I follow the race because I like seeing the countryside, the castles and the excitement of the race. Danger around any part of the race, the photo finishes after riding over a hundred miles. And the spectators, never know what you will see.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Oh no Mark Cavendish crashed during stage 8 and broke his collar bone after finishing 2nd in stage 7.

Fuuuuuuuuuuu…..not the note you want to end a career on. I feel for the man but he does have 34 stage wins.

Thibault Pinot is also in his last TDF; hoping he gets a stage win.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Fuuuuuuuuuuu…..not the note you want to end a career on. I feel for the man but he does have 34 stage wins.

Thibault Pinot is also in his last TDF; hoping he gets a stage win.
    That was an emotional crash for him it looked like. I'm going to miss him like I did Boonen, Zabel, Cipo, Petacchi and all the other big names... he's been racing for so long and was so good.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Last time I watched was when it was called the tour de Lance. I was glued to the TV every year. When the cheating thing came out it was bad and soured the whole thing for me. Like if Captain America, Roger Staubach, came out as a drag queen prancing, child grooming kiddie piddler. It would just destroy one of the best parts of my childhood. Or if dandy Don Meredith didn't really like Lipton ice tea and falling backwards into all those cool swimming pools.

So I can't really watch anymore.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Last time I watched was when it was called the tour de Lance. I was glued to the TV every year. When the cheating thing came out it was bad and soured the whole thing for me. Like if Captain America, Roger Staubach, came out as a drag queen prancing, child grooming kiddie piddler. It would just destroy one of the best parts of my childhood. Or if dandy Don Meredith didn't really like Lipton ice tea and falling backwards into all those cool swimming pools.

So I can't really watch anymore.

The racing on stages 5 and 6 were exceptionally exciting. At least catch the extended highlights on youtube.

Finding out Lance had doped was a bummer, but so many "heros" of the sport of that era had been sanctioned for it I had kinda assumed he was anyway and just enjoyed the show so to speak and assumed most of the leaders at least were doping to try to level the field between themselves. It was a unique period of time where labs didnt have the tech to test for certain types of doping (EPO and autolougous blood) and they ran away with it. Thankfully those days are over

What made me sad was hearing Ullrich had gone clean for a time after the Festina Affair but when Livingston came over from Postal he learned how they had continued and began again. Who knows if it is true... I ride and work with a guy from that era who left postal after refusing to dope. Not doping ruined his career at that time and there was a good chance he was truly world class, but he had absolutely no chance of continuing without "help" so he left the sport. I say that to make clear I dont take doping lightly or think

Cheating still happens, it always has and always will. No different than soccer with a little holding of a jersey where the ref cant see, but with the INSANE anti-doping tech and wherabouts program etc, the chances of being caught are a given. Think of how many nascar or rally or american football teams have been caught bending or breaking the rules, I admire the ingenuity of the motor sports cheats even if I disapprove of the action.

Lances was unique in how he destroyed the lives of those who confronted him oflver doping. THAT is what set him apart to me. There wasnt a clean winner of the Tour since Lemond until *maybe* Cadel Evens in 2011

In short, I just enjoy the show and hope they are clean.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Top Bottom