• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    What happens when these wind generators are no longer of their admittedly inefficient use?

Who'll remove them?

Junk dealers? Will doing so be profitable enough for them to bother? Or, will they simply be a corroding blight?

Ever been in one? They're huge, plus require maintenance.

I can see some dystopian future with people living wretchedly in them, before they fall down on their own accord.

Yep, that may become a problem. I know of some that are standing but no longer functional and the owner has no interest in spending a very large amount of money to remove them. Junk dealers are highly unlikely to spend the money to get a couple of cranes out to do the removal. More importantly, they don't have the knowledge, rigging or tooling to do the disassembly.

Yep been in them, been on top of them. Long climb, especially in the ones that do not have climb assist.

Maybe lease them out as deer stands?
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Having to explain shit all the time is growing tedious so here’s the short version; “I don’t know the industry” is silly. As fk.

Please don’t take offense but you don’t know me, yet you sure know how to make assumptions. I’ll leave it at that.

On another note, Israel has started kicking the shit out of Iranian weapons deliveries in Syria.

https://m.jpost.com/Israel-News/Report-Syrian-Air-Defenses-intercept-missiles-near-Damascus-575428

ERCOT is not performing any significant curtailment for grid congestion, and has not since CREZ was brought online. That is fact. Those in the industry have access to the ERCOT data that shows this. Public might be able to access it as well. So when someone thinks that battery storage is needed to store energy when production is up but there is no demand (e.g, grid congestion curtailment is occurring), that proves they do not have adequate knowledge of what is going on here. Likewise, someone knowledgeable in the industry would know how SE Australia came to rely too heavily on wind, let their thermal peaker capacity decline and began suffering brownouts and blackouts when the winds went down. And the battery system Musk sold them did not even come close to providing serious help. Batteries cannot store enough energy, and can only put energy back to the grid for short periods of time (at any appreciable output level)

No assumptions involved. The post revealed enough.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    No assumptions involved. The post revealed enough.

**** taps the mat screaming UNCLE!!!!!!! to end the torture ****

The post revealed a more appropriate user name would be oldnag.

You can blah blah blah all day long and you still won’t comprehend the fact that I didn’t say the technology was perfected. I said Tesla got the ball rolling and new technology will make it a game changer.

Reading is useless without nuanced comprehension.

* edited for brevity

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    **** taps the mat screaming UNCLE!!!!!!! to end the torture ****

The post revealed a more appropriate user name would be oldnag.

You can blah blah blah all day long and you still won’t comprehend the fact that I didn’t say the technology was perfected. I said Tesla got the ball rolling and new technology will make it a game changer.

Reading is useless without nuanced comprehension.

* edited for brevity

Cold fusion will be a game changer too. It if ever is made to work.

Replace "will" (your choice of words, not mine) with "might" and perhaps you have a point. Otherwise, no. Or is that too nuanced for some to comprehend.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I don't understand the anger.

My opinion: So-called green energy isn't worth it's vaunted reputation. (by the left)

Remember the commercial/government intrusion into the solar panel business by the worst Potus since cah-ta? It failed. Painfully, humiliatingly....for good reason.

Stick with petroleum for energy for now and when that inevitably runs out maybe by that time we can actually have adequate research into something that'll do a good alternative job, better even than petroleum......

At this point though, alternate energy ideas (all of them) are crap even if lefties want you to believe otherwise.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mowingmaniac 24/7,

For now & for Heaven knows how long, we need EVERY truly functional means of power generation including oil products, natural gas & atomic power.

IF "green power" ever is really of much help, it won't be SOON, imo.

yours, satx

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I don't understand the anger.

My opinion: So-called green energy isn't worth it's vaunted reputation. (by the left)

Remember the commercial/government intrusion into the solar panel business by the worst Potus since cah-ta? It failed. Painfully, humiliatingly....for good reason.

Stick with petroleum for energy for now and when that inevitably runs out maybe by that time we can actually have adequate research into something that'll do a good alternative job, better even than petroleum......

At this point though, alternate energy ideas (all of them) are crap even if lefties want you to believe otherwise.
    Look at all the green energy plants that the Obama Administration gave taxpayer money too...they are graveyard dead. So explain to me how you are going to sell green Energy when nobody wants it. When it gets affordable and the tech gets easy to install and use then it will sell. That iis still decades from now. If green energy was cheap everybody would have it.

Top Bottom