Venture Surplus ad

Internet service on a cruise ship in europe?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Just in case anyone here has a great Idea...

My brother is taking a vacation in Europe. He will be gone like 25 days. He will be on a cruise ship for 12 days and various Bed & Breakfasts for the rest.

He has AT&T cell service and I know we can get a data card, but I don't think that will work on the ship?

He mainly need to remotely access his computer (VNC) and web based emial.

What the best way?
    Hurley's Gold

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    He's on vacation....tell him to leave it behind for a few days. Sometimes I wish I was forced to disconnect, but then I would probably get the shakes and have really bad withdrawal symptoms....:ohnoes:

unless they had a well stocked bar.....

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I think people will be pretty pissed off if he doesn't at least do payroll, but regardless he wants to remain "connected".

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    OK, well MAYBE it's important than, don't want a mutiny while he is gone. He doesn't have a backup that can do it? Not that it is my business, but if he got hit by a bus, the people would still want to be paid as well. Just a thought. And I can understand about wanting to be connected, too...like I said, I would probably have withdrawals.

As far as the cruise ship having service, I did a quick google search and it seems most vessels provide service now, but it can be expensive. He may want to contact the cruiseline to ask for specifics. I wouldn't think cell service would be available without the cell towers, unless the ship had some type of cell service provided with a specific company. These apparently don't usually allow for data....voice only at a high cost/minute.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Cruise ships have internet connectivity usually ... contact the cruise line, it's usually satellite which isn't very fast, but it works.

oneBADDz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    Lubbock
    Every cruise ship I have been on has offered satellite internet access. It's not fast, but it's not dial-up either. The ships I have been on offered either by the minute or packages of prepaid minutes. IIRC ours started at $1 a minute if you paid as you go, but they offered prepaid packages as low as 20 cents a minute if you bought 1,000 minutes. Most cruise lines will list the rates on their website

Top Bottom